• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
sblack3828
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: North East, MD

Post by sblack3828 »

Hello all, I'm Steve, upper Chesapeake area, looking for an Albin 25 Fisherman.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New Member

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Steve, when we decided an Albin was to be our next boat we spent most of a year looking, hope your search goes quicker.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard Steve,

Good luck on your search. Albin 25's of any sort are pretty rare, but examples of the Fisherman version without the aft cabin are truly an endangered species. I don't know how many of the roughly 2,000 Albin 25's that were built throughout the 1970s before production ended around 1980, most of which are located in Europe and Canada, were the fisherman version, but it wasn't very many. On the other hand, for sport fishing Albin 28 TE's are relatively common & newer ones available, though lot more expensive & less fuel efficient than the A25.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
sblack3828
Swabby
Swabby

Post by sblack3828 »

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I'm finding this model to be scarce. I just might have to step up to a 27.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Not a bad choice.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

HI Steve and Welcome. We see a number of the Classic 25's appear on the site and out west with reasonable
frequency. However, it is great you know what you want. I did not know of the fisherman series. Some of the 25's owner seem to know them as well. Looking forward to your successful find with your stories and pictures.
Best on the search.
Howard
Treeman
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Treeman »

Also keep an eye on Ebay. I've found several and finally purchased mine there.
sblack3828
Swabby
Swabby

Post by sblack3828 »

Thanks again everyone. Are there any 25 or 27 owners on the upper Chesapeake here? Would love to visit and check out any of these, both double cabin and open deck. I only know of one for sale, a 27' Double, in Annapolis. I hope to go check it out.

Thanks!
Bearkeley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: South Florida

Post by Bearkeley »

sblack3828 wrote: Sat May 06, 2017 4:31 pm Thanks again everyone. Are there any 25 or 27 owners on the upper Chesapeake here? Would love to visit and check out any of these, both double cabin and open deck. I only know of one for sale, a 27' Double, in Annapolis. I hope to go check it out.

Thanks!
Hi Steve - welcome to the board! We found our Mary Jo, a modified 27 FC on this board. Details of her modification can be found on this forums archives but essentially, she doesn't have the aft cabin, allowing us to cruise and fish rather easily on her.

We are in the middle bay, VA side....probably not convenient for you, but you are welcome to see her if you'd like. There is also an upcoming get together next month for Albin owners on the bay at Zanheisers....check out the details on this forum to see who will be there.....last I checked, there will be 3 of us with 27 FCs....didn't notice any 25s. Good luck with the search!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Former owner of the ‘Mary Jo'
1984 Albin 27FC (#74)
Hutchinson Island, Florida
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum. We have a '84 27FC in Deale MD, and there is a second one, an '88, in our slip until e/o June. If you'd like to visit PM me and we can set something up. I'll be glad to "show you round". I'm out of the water until e/o May, but the other 27 is in and I'm sure the owner would also be pleased to welcome you aboard.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “New Member Introductions”