• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member Introduction

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
bwormington
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: home port---Cape Coral, FL

New Member Introduction

Post by bwormington »

Hi---We're Bill and Aida from SW Florida. We joined recently but are just now getting around to introducing ourselves. At the moment, we're "wanna-be" Albin owners, searching for a replacement for our former Mainship 30 Pilot. We're drawn to the 35 Command Bridge, and have looked at a couple in our area. Any input or recommendations anyone would have would be most welcome. We'll store the boat in the water at our home slip, so would be interested in experience about actual costs for maintenance and upkeep. We have insurance proposals, and have been told to plan for $80 per month for hull cleaning. How much should we budget for other needs? Any input would be welcome! Thanks---Bill
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Re: New Member Introduction

Post by TomA »

Welcome Bill & Alda, we're also X- Mainshippers (34 Pilot), now own a 32 + 2 Command Bridge, the precursor to the 35. Also SW Florida (Punta Gorda) residents. We love our 32 + 2 lots upgrades from the Mainship. Lot's of Albin owners in Florida, we've had some great rendezvous in past years, great info shared. PS The $80.00 / month hull cleaning sounds a little high. Most divers in our area charge based on a 34" LOA, $60.00 - $65.00. Good luck on your search. Tom
Rabiss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Charlotte Fl

Post by Rabiss »

Welcome to AOG we are new to the Albin group also. We just got a 28 express, haven't splashed it as of yet. We are located at the end ofSouth golf cove, Port Charlotte Fl.
This group is very informative and has helped me solve some of the problems I have had with my boat!
Randy
06 Albin 28
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome Bill and Aida: Your search for the 35 Command Bridge is a fine one. Try watching on the forsake site here and they do come up. Actually I have seen several listed in the Florida area in the past. That should be a good area for your purchase.
Howard

Return to “New Member Introductions”