• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member - California 1979 43

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Albin79
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: richmond

New Member - California 1979 43

Post by Albin79 »

Hello,

My name is Steve and I have a 1979 43' Albin with twin Volvo Penta's. The boat is awesome but she needs a ton of work. The engines are sound and they will run all day long. Can't beat a good deal!

I'm looking forward to connecting with other trawler owners and folks interested in the Albin line....one of my favorites. I'm just getting into fixing some of the small stuff and looking forward to getting advice on the larger projects. I'm going to start by fixing all the leaking windows and teak decks. No clue what to do but I'm sure I can figure it out. Didn't realize the boat leaked so much until I got her out of the covered slip and I already owner her. Ha

Look forward to connecting

Steve
Bay Area, CA
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: New Member - California 1979 43

Post by whwells »

Welcome Fellow No. Cal Member: Sound like an fun project. Well good news is you have the covered slip in Richmond. They are hard to find. I too have owned more than one boat that leaked from above and was so thankful for a covered slip. Had a couple non Albins that leaked when outside and they were difficult to maintain. You will find the leaks and be fine.
Howard
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Steve, been working on my Albin leaks now for about six months, think I have some of them slowed down.
Nepidae
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essington, PA

Post by Nepidae »

Hey Steve,

We have a 43 as well. Seems that there aren't many with the larger boats that are on this list, but there is a ton of advice.
Fortunately it seems our only leak is into the MSR head so no big deal. I think it is coming in from the steps to the sundeck. I'll get it tracked down sometime.
We think the 43 is a great boat with a nice ride and plenty of space.
If you come across any questions about the 43 feel free to email me.
Good luck,
Calm seas,

Charles

Jane & Charles Williamson
m/v Nepidae
Albin 43 Sundeck
Nepidae.trawler@gmail.com
MTOA-3927
AGLCA - 12114 (ret)
Currently: On the Loop

Return to “New Member Introductions”