• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Wrfchief
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Warrior River, Alabama

Hello

Post by Wrfchief »

Hi everyone my name is Mike Chaney. I live on the Warrior River about 35 miles west of Birmingham. I was introduced to Albin by a good friend of mine Ernie Schoolfield when he purchased a 27 ft family cruiser. He asked me to go to Lake Guntersville with him to float his new pride and joy home. We went west on the Tennesee River to the Tombigbee waterway and south to Demopolis Alabama where we turned north on the Black Warrior and here. It was one of the best trips I have made in all my life. Tragically he passed away last summer and his family sold me the boat. I have never owned a boat this big and complicated and I have a lot to learn about it. I'm hoping you more experienced owners can help me.
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Re: Hello

Post by tego »

Howdy Mike, Welcome to the group. You'll find that we are pretty responsive to your questions. The 27 FC is the least complicated boat I've owned in the last 40 years and that's why I love it. Tell us about yours-what engine, year, modifications if any, and a picture or two. We're looking forward to getting to know you better. Ben
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Hi Mike, welcome to the form, all the things Ben said. We 27fc owners love our boats and taking about them. A lot of first hand information to be had here. Enjoy your boat.
Wrfchief
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Warrior River, Alabama

Post by Wrfchief »

I have a 1989 model with a yanmar 70 HP.
I cannot figure out the systems and need a manual.
I should have paid more attention when I went with my friend to get the boat, but then again with my memory I probably would have forgotten. I guess if I had known my friend wouldn't be around to teach me. But hey, live gives no promises for tomorrow.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Hello to you as well & welcome to this fine forum. We all enjoy sharing so just ask away. I have owend the 35Te series and the Express Trawler so my help will be limited as to your particular boat.
Still we all learn from each other.
Howard
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

Howdy again Mike, I checked my map and we're practically neighbors. Any time you'd like, you could come up here and spend a day or two on mine going over the whole boat. Ours are similar except for the engine, and you can easily get a manual for that if you want to. I've been through mine completely. You really lucked out getting that boat,as the later models don't come on the market very often. I had to go all the way to NH to get mine but I'd do it all over again if I had to. You'll love it on the inland waters. I'm not very sedentary so give me a call ahead of time and we can work something out. (865) 223-3621. Ben

Return to “New Member Introductions”