• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Mistyriver
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Comox

Post by Mistyriver »

Hello folks,
While not new to boating, our family is wanting to get into the 40'+ range. We are in the researching stage of boat shopping and have kept coming back to Albins! others we have been leaning towards are Ocean Alexander but they are in the 50' range.
We live on Vancouver Island, so there are tons of small getaway islands and tight channels to navigate around. Have a very large Great Pyrenees dog and 2 teens, so roomy is needed.
Looking forward to picking brains and getting better acquainted with Albins and their owners.
Mike
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: new member

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Mike, sounds like you have a great place to play. Here's hoping the right boat finds your family.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: new member

Post by whwells »

Welciome: Love your area and have done lots of boating there although I am currently between boats.
Have had the 42 Sabre and 35te Ablin as well as a 36 Albin Express Trawler out of your area. I have never owned the NSC 40' Albin but it maybe one you should look at. There are no others other than than the older e series of the right size. There is a 40 NSC ALBIN in PNG you could check out. The PNW will be meeting in Seattle
in July. You would be welcome with or without a boat. Check the Rendevous section for details.

The Ocean Alexander is also a fine boat. I would like to get back to a 35te Albin flybridge but thair are none for sale at least on the west coast. Shipping across the country is a nightmare if the boat has the flybridge.
I am generally moored at Anacortes Marina. Hope to meet you in the PNW or Gulf Islands one day.
Howard

Return to “New Member Introductions”