• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

skipperl

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
skipperl
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Mendocino, CA

skipperl

Post by skipperl »

Hello, fellow boaters.
Here is an introduction, this is my history, and a bit of background on me.
I have been boating most of my life. I grew up in the Newport Beach area, I have done a lot of small boat sailing. I worked as a deck hand, on a tour boat. I cruised Southern California waters until the mid 70's. I presently live in Northern California. I sailed the California Delta for 20 years.
Three years ago, I bought my Albin 25. I spent one year redoing the interior, and building a hardtop. In the second year, I cruised the Delta area. This year, I went to the San Juan Islands in May. Since owning my Albin, I have put on 150 hours.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: skipperl

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Skipper, you will find a dedicated group of 25.owners here, sure you will be hearing from them. Enjoy your boat.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome Skipper! You & I are operating on close to the same wavelength! Aren't the San Juans great? We also bought our Albin 25 three years ago in 2014 after small boat trailer sailing since 1998. I grew up on the Jersey Shore back East before moving to Arizona 40 years ago this year & have been around boats of one kind or another since the late '50s. Since taking ownership of our Albin we've put 380 hours on our engine, including cruising the San Juans twice. The Delta is on our bucket list too, but that's probably at least a couple years away. We've done SoCal out of San Diego with our previous sailboat, a Catalina 25, including a harbor hop from Chula Vista up to San Pedro with an overnight stop in Newport Beach before running out to Two Harbors & Avalon on Catalina Island. In fact, we're heading out there next weekend after the 4th, launching from Sunset Aquatic Marina near Seal Beach & spending the week mostly in Two Harbors.

Mendocino looks like a nice quaint little coastal town far from the madding crowds of SoCal & the SF Bay Area.

Looking forward seeing some pictures of your boat & hear more about your experience in the San Juans. Keep a future return the the San Juans in mind. We hope to go back there again next summer and push as far north as Desolation Sound in BC. If you liked the San Juans you'll love BC. There's a whole group of Albin 25's & 27's up there in BC.
Last edited by DesertAlbin736 on Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Welcome skipperl (is that skipper-ell or skipper-one?)

We were recently in Monterey and it took me a while, but I found an A25 in the commoners marina there, mildly neglected. Mendocino is a great area. I remember reading about maybe it was Hira Reid in Shatoosh coming up the coast from the Napa River clear up to Washington, 40 miles at a time. What a trip that must be.

Tell us about your adventures there and what kind of conditions you encounter.

Cheers!

Return to “New Member Introductions”