• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member in Raleigh, NC

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
nichampagne
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Raleigh, NC

New Member in Raleigh, NC

Post by nichampagne »

Hello! I joined this group to learn more about the Albin 25 and 27. I'm hoping to get a chance to do an extended cruise of the east coast inland waterways with my wife at some point in the near future. The 25 and the 27 FC seem to be my top contenders for the job. I do have some reservations that the 25 may be too small for living onboard for an extended period of time, but I'm only 5'7" and my wife is 5'4" so maybe not? I'd really love to get to see either one of these boats in person if possible. Thanks!
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Re: New Member in Raleigh, NC

Post by tego »

There are several 27's on the Chesapeake and probably some in the Carolinas that might show off their boat. If you feel like a trip to TN, I'd be happy to show mine and let you get a feel for it on the water. PM me and we can exchange phone numbers if you are interested. I'm about 20 miles south of Knoxville. Ben
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New Member in Raleigh, NC

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome, we just spent 8 days on our 27FC, some in marinas some on the hook. For two people the 27 is a really great boat. When people see our boats they fall in love with them, we made a number of new friends. They are very economic to operate and seem to handle weather well. Hard to go far wrong with a 25 or 27, look for the best example, then enjoy.

Return to “New Member Introductions”