• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Intro and Questions

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Jambie
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Michigan City, IN

Intro and Questions

Post by Jambie »

Good morning all,
I'm new to the forum, but have been admiring Albins from a distance for years, and may be ready to take the plunge on a 28TE next spring. My previous boat was a 26' Grady White cc. I'm looking forward to months of exploration on this site, and hopefully won't ask questions that have already been asked and answered.

I will inquire now, though, whether there are any 28 owners in either Cincinnati, or the NW Indiana/Chicago area that might be willing to let me have a tour of their boat. I promise I'd bring the beverages...
Thanks,
Tom
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Intro and Questions

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Tom, wish I had a 28 up your way, your offer sounds good. Give it some time, sure some one is up your way. The 28 is a great boat, not a 25 or 27, but still a great boat.
TimQ
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: n/a

Post by TimQ »

If Vermilion, OH isn't too far contact me, I'd be glad to show you our 28 and take you for a boat ride.
We had a Grady 26 also and that's why we looked for an Albin 28.
TQ
Jambie
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Michigan City, IN

Post by Jambie »

TimQ wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:30 am If Vermilion, OH isn't too far contact me, I'd be glad to show you our 28 and take you for a boat ride.
We had a Grady 26 also and that's why we looked for an Albin 28.
Hi Tim,
Thanks so much for the offer! My wife and I have been wanting to get a trip in to the R&R HOF in Cleveland, so if we can come up with the time to get up that way, I'll let you know.

Return to “New Member Introductions”