• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member in Worcester County MD

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
JFaberMD
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Eden, MD

New Member in Worcester County MD

Post by JFaberMD »

Hello everyone. My name is Josh and my wife and I are in the process of buying a 1998 28TE. Survey is scheduled for this week and if all goes well we'll have her by next weekend. This is going to be our first boat and we are very excited! We have a 5 month old boy, Henri, and I'm excited to take him fishing on the Albin when he's old enough. We've been around boats most of our lives but this will be the first boat that we've ever actually owned. We live in Worcester County near OC. We are glad that this group exists and are excited to be a part of it. Any free advice you want to throw out for some "novice" owners will be greatly appreciated :D Also, would love any advice on the Peninsular motor.
Josh F.
1998 Albin 28TE
"Muddy Duck”
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: New Member in Worcester County MD

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Hi Josh & Welcome Aboard!

Great choice, as this BoatUS review, which you're probably already familiar with, confirms,

http://www.boatus.com/boatreviews/power/Albin28.asp

Nice location on Isle of Wight & Assawoman Bay with nearby acces to Ocean City inlet, although a bit of a jaunt to get around and over into Chesapeake Bay. Lots of A28 TE guys here to help with questions, probably the biggest contingent of Albin owners on this board.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
JFaberMD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JFaberMD »

DesertAlbin736 - Thanks for your message, comments, and the link. Yes, I am blessed to live in a great area with much access to amazing waterways. We are looking forward to family day trips down to Chincoteague and up to Cape May. Also excited for weekend trips on the Chesapeake to Rock Hall, St Michaels, and Annapolis. It's not that bad to get over there through the Delaware Bay to the C&D Canal, just have to watch the tides. My buddies are already asking when they can come down and go Tuna fishing offshore. Believe the Jet Stream is about 30 - 40 miles off the coast of Delmarva right now so I'm thinking that's definitely doable in this boat. In fact the famous White Marlin open is this week in OC, there's boats from all over coming in, might be able to enter with the Albin next year as long as my buddies wanna split the entrance fee...lol. Thanks again for the warm welcome.
Josh F.
1998 Albin 28TE
"Muddy Duck”
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Also excited for weekend trips on the Chesapeake to Rock Hall, St Michaels, and Annapolis.
Might need more than a weekend, but if you make it over into the Chesapeake & St. Michaels, be sure to shoot over to Cambridge on the Choptank River. Nice yacht club there and a couple of Albin 28TE owners that we met during our own Chesapeake cruise in 2015. (Yes, we trailered our boat out from Arizona). Also, if you ever get over to Solomons, a short jaunt up St. Leonard's Creek to Vera's Beach Club Restaurant and marina is another must-see stop. Good deals on crab dinners there, but only open Thursdays to Sundays. With the speed of a 28 TE you can cover a lot more ground in a short time that we could with our 6.5 knot displacement hull speed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
JFaberMD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JFaberMD »

I've heard the Yacht Club in Cambridge is nice, we will definitely have to check it out and hopefully meet those Albin owners there. Vera's looks like a fun place as well. Is that where they do the AOG meetup event every year?
Josh F.
1998 Albin 28TE
"Muddy Duck”
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Vera's looks like a fun place as well. Is that where they do the AOG meetup event every year?
Looks like you just missed this year's Chesapeake rendezvous at Zahnister's Yachting Center marina in Solomons. Check out that forum elsewhere on the site for details. I think they vary locations year to year, but you'd have to ask the organizers about that. When we were at Solomons on the Chesapeake two years ago we docked at Spring Cove Marina, a short distance up Back Creek from Zahnisters. We also anchored out opposite the Calvert Museum & Drum Point lighthouse just beyond Zahnisters. If we were locals I'd certainly advocate for Vera's as a meetup location.
0624150936 (2).jpg
DSCN2936.JPG
DSCN2904 (1280x960).jpg
DSCN2929.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
JFaberMD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JFaberMD »

DesertAlbin736 - Thanks for the pics, they were great. Had my survey done on the 28 TE today and it went great, only a couple small minor items on the report. I'm settling on the boat Saturday morning and then running her the 5 hours home up to the C&D then over and down through Delaware Bay. Excited to get her home!!!
Josh F.
1998 Albin 28TE
"Muddy Duck”
JFaberMD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JFaberMD »

Well we brought her home Saturday, it was a rough ride but we made it. Here's a pic from the channel in the middle of Delaware Bay.
IMG_1608.JPG
Josh F.
1998 Albin 28TE
"Muddy Duck”
JFaberMD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JFaberMD »

And yes that is a nasty thunderstorm you see up ahead in the distance.
Josh F.
1998 Albin 28TE
"Muddy Duck”
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Congrats, she sure looks good, enjoy.
JFaberMD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JFaberMD »

Mark Deeser wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:12 pm Congrats, she sure looks good, enjoy.
Thanks Mark! She is a beauty, looking forward to many fun filled years.
Josh F.
1998 Albin 28TE
"Muddy Duck”
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Post by TomA »

Welcome aboard Josh. We lived in Ocean Pines / O.C for 28 years, prior to moving to Florida. Been down here since 2006. Great boats and this site is full of great information.
Tom
JFaberMD
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by JFaberMD »

Thanks Tom! Yeah the marina in Ocean Pines is nice, just the water out in the Bay is so shallow. We may move her to the Wicomico River next year to give us a little more exploration and cruising opportunities. Hope you are enjoying Florida!
Josh F.
1998 Albin 28TE
"Muddy Duck”
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Congra's on the buy. The 29te is a fine boat and lots of good years ahead.
Howard
TomA
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: PUNTA GORDA FL.

Post by TomA »

Josh do you ever get out and do any offshore fishing. The 28 is a great fishing boat. We used to keep our 23' Wellcraft at the OP marina and fished offshore with private and charter boats from O.C Fishing center and Bahia Marina, as a mateTom

Return to “New Member Introductions”