• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member east central Florida

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Canaveral, Fl.

New member east central Florida

Post by Cocoa Jack »

Hello All,

My name is Jack and my wife and I live in Cocoa, Fl. All of my friends have called me Capt'n Jack for many years now so two years ago I went ahead and got my captains credential to make it official. We have had 4 boats to date with our last boat being a 1987 Mako 248 that we sold a month ago after 11 years of great times and many trips offshore. She will be missed. I recently saw an Albin 28 TE at a Marina and it peaked my interest which is how I wound up on this forum. I am looking forward to learning a lot about the 28 TE and the 31 TE from you folks. I am hoping that there is someone on this forum from the east central Florida area that would be willing to let us look at their boat and perhaps give us a ride. I love all things nautical and I can't wait to dive in and chat with you.

Best regards,
Jack
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New member east central Florida

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Captain Jack, I'm sure there are some 28s in your area, they are pretty popular. We have a 27 FC, it's is different beast than what you are looking at. Ours was more of a project boat, mechanical is pretty well done, doing the brite work and installing new cabin glass now. Hope you find a boat that suites your needs.
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Welcome from another Capt. Jack (via USMC). It's a great boat. I had Grady Whites before. The 28 backs differently but you will find lots of help on this website.
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Canaveral, Fl.

Post by Cocoa Jack »

Hi Mark, Thanks for the welcome. I know what you are going through. My wife and I completely restored our Mako 10 years ago and it took 1 solid year to do it. It was worth it!

Hi Jack, Thanks for the welcome and for your service.
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: You will love the Albin 28te. You need to consider the engine box series v the flush deck
and then the engines. My personal taste on power is Cummins, Yanmar, Volvo. The Cummins is hard to fine and most of the later models are the Yanmar. I have had two Albin's with the Yanmar
which makes a fine boat. These engines have the timing belt rather than chain so you need to follow manufacturer recommendations on changing. It is not a big deal nor is it expensive
There is a good discussion of the Flush deck v Engine box near the top of the Tournament TE section. Take a look at that. Fishermen seem to like the engine box and cruiser's the flush deck
but both will work well whatever you do most.
Howard
tbnolin
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stuart,FL

Post by tbnolin »

Coco....a nice area! On our cruise down the coast, we spent a week there on the ICW, right in downtown. Loved it!

Good luck in your search . Seems someone out there close to you can help you out
It's all about relaxation :)

Former owner of a 2006 40' NSC

Return to “New Member Introductions”