• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Newbie looking for a Albin

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
autoteachersonny

Newbie looking for a Albin

Post by autoteachersonny »

How many problems would one run into with this model drive train in a 1995 Albin 28 Volvo Diesel I/O in a well used Albin 28? I have never heard good reports in other salt water boats. Volvo with all that in the salt water bothers me. We are looking for an Albin 28, older under $50K. Would like a Yanmar or Leman. Please share your wisdom and experience with a newbie to this type boat, We sailed for 19 yrs on West Coast of Fl. and trawler liva board for 11 Yrs on Atlantic ICW.
Thanks for all. Ready to buy cash the right boat even before we sell our trawler. We bought a house in St James City Florida.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Newbie looking for a Albin

Post by whwells »

Well, I have seen a few y of these listed. My preference would be for drive line power rather than IO unit.
Actually have owned the an Osprey with the Volvo diesel. It performed well but did require new seals and bearings at one point. This fishing boat was except for long weeks kept on a trailer and garaged. The IO just takes a lot of attention if left in salt water.
If you will be out of the water most of the time it will be fine otherwise you may want to keep looking.

Howard

Return to “New Member Introductions”