• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Thank you all!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
hatchetjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Marys, Georgia

Thank you all!

Post by hatchetjoe »

I should introduce myself since I have been mostly lurking on this site for a little over three years. My name is Dennis and my wife and I live in Saint Marys, GA. I’m an avid fisherman but I’ve dreamed of being able to travel on my own boat for years. First, I would like to thank all of you who have provided so much valuable information about Albin boats on this site. The information has been very helpful. My current 20’ Scout bay boat is fine for inshore fishing but not cruising. I’ve now closed on a 2002 engine box, Albin 28 with a Yanmar 315. I hope to take possession the boat next week after some minor repairs from the marine survey. I’ve engaged a professional captain to help me bring the boat home from Punta Gorda, FL. The planned route is down to Ft. Myers, east across the Okeechobee Waterway to Stuart and up either the ocean or ICW depending on weather. I hope to learn a lot about handling the boat along the way since it’s a step up in size and complexity. I’m looking forward to both off-shore fishing and cruising the ICW plus becoming an active member of this community posting big fish pictures.
Hatchetjoe
Final Draft
Albin 28 TE
315 hp Yanmar 6LPA STP 19x17 4 blade prop
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Thank you all!

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the form, you have taken a big step and gotten a great boat. It's hard to explain the magic of finding that perfect anchorage and spending the night on your boat. Sounds like you have taken the time to think things thru, all that's left now is for you and your wife to enjoy. Where will you keep your boat?
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Welcome to the fray and enjoy the boat. I call mine my little pickup truck. Great in the water and efficient.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
hatchetjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint Marys, Georgia

Post by hatchetjoe »

Thank you for the welcome. I hate to admit how long a process this has been. In many ways the Albin 28 seems like a nautical equivalent of an SUV. Not super in any one way but able to do a lot of things well. We are lucky to be able to keep our boat at a private dock on a deep water creek a few hundred yards off of the ICW. The major ICW hazard in our area are the nuclear submarines transiting from Kings Bay Naval Base to the ocean but that means we are one of the few areas with 40-45 feet controlling depth in the ICW!
Hatchetjoe
Final Draft
Albin 28 TE
315 hp Yanmar 6LPA STP 19x17 4 blade prop
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Welcome! It's a great boat. The first thing you will notice is that it's different from an outboard. Much more heft, slower and harder to back up. See all the help on the site about how to back into a slip. It's a wonder. Follow the guidance and you'll look like a pro.
Best wishes for a happy and successful ownership of your Albin.
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Canaveral, Fl.

Post by Cocoa Jack »

A very sincere congratulations on getting the 28. I had been watching her for a while now and she looks like a beauty. I hope to find one just like her this coming June. Congrats again!
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.

Return to “New Member Introductions”