• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Just signed the paperwork

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
rbsangus
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Annapolis

Just signed the paperwork

Post by rbsangus »

Hi all,

Well I'm now officially the new owner of a 2002 28TE. Must say that the info in the posts was invaluable in knowing what to look for. Took a while but found one I'm very happy with.

All that said, I'll admit I'm fairly new to boating. Was looking to find an experienced instructor in the Annapolis area to go out with a few times to work on the basics. Have a few friends that have some experience but unfortunately not enough to feel comfortable being the "instructor".

If anyone knows of someone in the Annapolis area, please pass my way.

Again, real happy to be part of the group.

Roy
Roy S.
2002 28 TE Bon Accord
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Just signed the paperwork

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the the form and congrats on finding your boat. You might want to start with a safe boater course, can be taken online. Not sure what the basics are, navigation, boat systems, general operation. Might try some classes, Power Squadron or the like. Could hire a captain to get you off on the right foot, A boat of your size in a congested area with people on board depending on your judgement is a serious responsibility. Get a good footing, then go have some fun.
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Canaveral, Fl.

Re: Just signed the paperwork

Post by Cocoa Jack »

Congratulations on your new boat!
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.

Return to “New Member Introductions”