• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New AOG Member Introduction

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
cgignac
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Niantic, CT

New AOG Member Introduction

Post by cgignac »

Hello Fellow Albin Owners:
My wife and I have a 1999 36' Albin Express
Trawler which we purchased in 2009. The boat has a single Cummins 450 HP , and is equipped with both bow and stern thrusters. Our home port is Niantic ,CT, on the Niantic River. Favorite destination is Block Islsnd.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: New AOG Member Introduction

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard!, We were on Block Island just yesterday. Took ferry from Point Judith/Nantucket. Rented moped scooter & rode around the island. Fun place. Do you usually pull in to Salt Pond or Old Harbor? We're staying with friends in a beach house in Weekapaug, RI all this week, part of extended RV road trip.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
cgignac
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Niantic, CT

Post by cgignac »

Thanks for the welcome!
We stay at the Boat Basin in the Salt Pond, really like the location, can just walk up the dock to the Oar or get provisions at the store. Finding an open mooring at Block has become so difficult over the past few years that we decided to pay the cost for a guaranteed slip.

Our next favorite destination is Watch Hill. Best location for staying on the hook.

I see that you boat out of Arizona (when you're not on the road in your RV). Are you originally from the Northeast ?

Halcyon
1999 Albin Express Trawler
Niantic Dockominiums
NIantic, CT
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Canaveral, Fl.

Post by Cocoa Jack »

Welcome aboard!
Capt. Jack