• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Newbie from New Jersey

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
DVF2001
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: New Jersey

Newbie from New Jersey

Post by DVF2001 »

Hello folks.I'm not an Albin owner yet but I'm looking at a 27FC this weekend and hope that I will be calling myself an Albin owner soon. Looking forward to learning as much as possible from the forums.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Newbie form New Jerseyz

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome, hope the boat meets your expectations. The 27 FC is a great boat, simple systems and a sturdy little craft. Everywhere we take ours it never fails to draw positive comments. I went ahead and bought the Albin Owners cap before we got the boat so I was committed. Hope everything works out for you.
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Canaveral, Fl.

Re: Newbie form New Jersey

Post by Cocoa Jack »

Welcome aboard! I don't have an Albin yet either but hopefully I will have a 28TE or 31TE by June.
Mark, I think I will go ahead and buy the cap too!
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: Newbie form New Jersey

Post by DCatSea »

Hope your search for a 27FC goes well, and welcome to the Albin forum.
We bought our 27FC 3 years ago, and have enjoyed having this sturdy little trawler in the Mid-Chesapeake. Its so nice to have a boat with real wood on it, and we (well, I - :D ) really get a kick out of just "messing around in this boat" and getting her ready to go out. My First Mate likes the stability in a chop, and she (the boat) handles well in pretty much all conditions, including those amusing "spray over the roof" moments. There is so much storage for a small craft that we haven't filled it all up yet, and with the canvas forward she is a pretty darned good fishing vessel, no problem trolling around for hours.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Newbie from New Jersey

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard! Where in New Jersey? My wife and I are currently on an extended RV road trip, and tonight we're staying the night camped in a warehouse yard in a West Philadelphia industrial area turned offsite 24 hour parking lot that also caters to RV'ers & provides hookups.
We're heading for the South Jersey shore tomorrow & will be in Manahawkin near Rt 72 & LBI.
Good luck on your search for a 27FC.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Re: Newbie from New Jersey

Post by whwells »

Welcome: You will like the 27. There is one for sale on this site under the Sales and Trade section.
Has a 300 HP Yanmar and sounds like a fine boat.
Howard

Return to “New Member Introductions”