• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
ChrisP
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Clinton Harbor, CT

Post by ChrisP »

Hello folks. I just joined the group today. I have been researching Albins on this site for a while now. I've learned much. I grew up on the Hudson river (Champlain canal area) and as a "river rat" have owned and operated boats my entire life. I'm in the process of purchasing an 1983 27FC right now. It needs lots of elbow grease but is structurally, mechanically & functionally sound. It is a Rhode Island boat that I will be cruising home in the spring via LI sound and up the Hudson River. This will inevitably be quite an adventure. I'm certainly going to be asking many questions about these boats & will also be fishing for tips to make the maiden voyage both safe & enjoyable. Any input from members with experience cruising the Sound into East River & NY Harbor will be greatly appreciated.
Additionally this boat has a 4cyl Isuzu diesel. I cant find any info on these being installed in the early Albins. The only info I see is on the Lehman's & 6cyl Isuzu. Anyone have any thoughts on this? HP rating?
Chris
1983 A27 FC
"ANNIE H"
Isuzu C240
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New member

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Chris, it's hard to go far wrong with an Albin, and double hard to go wrong with a 27 FC. It's great to see the older boats have new life put back in them. I do not know about the Isuzu engine but there has been a lot of years for a re-power. Many of our boats have different power plants, we put a Cummins in ours, love it. We hope to have our boat up your way one day, I'll bet there is a lot to see and do, enjoy.
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Canaveral, Fl.

Post by Cocoa Jack »

Welcome aboard!
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: The 27 is a fine boat. Have seen the current engine in the 25 series. Lots of changes in power with the various owners. You can find some parts through your auto dealer. I am sure others can help you with the marine parts who have used this engine.
Howard
ChrisP
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Clinton Harbor, CT

Post by ChrisP »

Thanks guys. I am officially the owner of the "Annie H". She's a little rough but hopefully........
Chris
1983 A27 FC
"ANNIE H"
Isuzu C240

Return to “New Member Introductions”