• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New owner Albin 28TE

CaptRonV
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chicago Il

New owner Albin 28TE

Post by CaptRonV »

A return to power after 50+ years of sailing the Great lakes. New owner of an Albin 28TE. Have to wait till spring to launch her. It'd going to be a long winter.
She's all shrink wrapped just waiting.
Delivered the end of September from Savanna.
Anyone have any ideas as to how to get the table down? Loosened the lock screw completely and it just does not want to go down. It swivels but that is all.
Capt Ron V
MY Absolutely
Chicago
Captain Ron Voisard
Chicago.Il.
Absolutely
2002 28TE
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New owner Albin 28TE

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the form and congratulations on your boat. This will probably seem like the longest winter. To be blessed with such a fine name. Life is good, enjoy.
Cocoa Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Canaveral, Fl.

Post by Cocoa Jack »

Welcome aboard and congratulations on your 28TE.
Capt. Jack
Port Canaveral, Fl.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

CaptRonV wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:26 pmAnyone have any ideas as to how to get the table down? Loosened the lock screw completely and it just does not want to go down. It swivels but that is all.
Capt Ron V
MY Absolutely
Chicago
Welcome aboard!

Do not completely unscrew the knob as it can then be difficult to once again lineup.
Sometimes it takes a little extra pressure by pushing down extremely hard and then getting your body on top and pushing. I had to do that with my 28. let us know how you make out.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
captaingary
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Cape Coral, FL

Post by captaingary »

Spray a little W-D40, or Liquid Wrench at the top of the locking mechanism. I had the same problem when i bought mine. i also lube it occasionally to keep it working smoothly.
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Welcome aboard! After you turn the knob a couple of times, use your weight and swivel the table top a little and it should go down. Then, tighten the wheel again. It pops up much more easily. Be careful not to loosen the knob too much. There is a metal backing that can fall out. Very hard to get it back in again.
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Diego-Mulege

Post by Tom Cunningham »

Welcome! If your table has the gas ram assist inside the column they can become very sticky as mentioned. I removed the table top, removed the assist ram and just operate without any assist. Tom.
CaptRonV
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chicago Il

Post by CaptRonV »

Thank you everyone for your fast responses. This obviously is an excellent forum to get answers.
Absolutely is in her cocoon waiting for spring. I will let everyone know the results of the suggestions.
How does one know if there is a gas assist to raise the table?
Captain Ron Voisard
Chicago.Il.
Absolutely
2002 28TE
Capt Ron
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Capt Ron »

Just loosen the knob when stored in the down position. It will come up by itself (if the gas assist is working properly). Just an idea of how much weight is required to lower the table. My 110 pound wife almost has to sit on the table in the center to lower it.
Owner of 28' TE

Return to “Tournament Express 26-35”