• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Newbie - 37' Palm Beach

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Schwelvis
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Portland

Newbie - 37' Palm Beach

Post by Schwelvis »

Hey guys! Thanks for letting me in your sandbox!

Schwelvis (Scott IRL) here to say hi. I just bought a 37' Palm Beach on a kinda spur of the moment decision, she's been a live aboard for the past ~10 years & I'm not sure when she last left berth. Got to repair transmission on port motor and do lot (LOTS!) of cleaning, painting, cleaning, patching, and more cleaning but planning on banging around the Columbia next summer and hopefully further in upcoming years.

I've never owned anything larger than a kayak or canoe so this is gonna be fun! (I did spend 2 summers decking on charters in Alaska once upon a lifetime so not totally green!)

Thanks again! (in my motorcycle forums I'd now say keep the rubber side down, not sure what the equivalent is here but I'm sure y'all get my idea!)

Schwelvis
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Newbie - 37' Palm Beach

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard! My wife's sister & brother in law live in Deer Island, along the Columbia, north of Portland up near Scappoose & St. Helens. They run a Bayliner 2500 sedan cruiser on the river & occasionally trailer it up to the San Juans.
Thanks again! (in my motorcycle forums I'd now say keep the rubber side down, not sure what the equivalent is here but I'm sure y'all get my idea!)
I think the appropriate saying is, 'Better to be in a boat with a drink on the rocks than in the drink with a boat on the rocks'.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

Welcome aboard. (Fellow ex-Alaskan)

On the airplane forums we say “Keep the dirty side down”.
Or “Be safe, fly low and slow”.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
HPH
Mate
Mate
Home Port: South.Bay Cove, Georgian Bay, Ontario

Post by HPH »

Welcome Aboard!
Fellow 37' Palm Beach owner. 1988, twin Cummins 210s. 6BT5.9M engines.
Regards,
Paul
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Welcome: Well that is big jump from a canoe or kayak. The nice things you won't be able to complain about having adequate room. Great choice if you enjoy the work.

There is a fine group of
Albin owner in the PNW who meet after the Seattle Boat Show and plan the summer meet. Watch the rendezvous section for information. There have been several in attendance from your Portland area in the past.

Howard
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the group, your new choice of boats is going to do amazing things to the size of your play ground.

Return to “New Member Introductions”