• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New owners of 27 FC

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Debralea
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Islamorada

New owners of 27 FC

Post by Debralea »

After selling our 45' trawler it didn't take long for the want of another cruising boat. But, wanting something smaller we we're attracted to the pocket trawler. The family cruiser fit the bill. Found ours in Apalachicola, Florida, 600 miles from our home. We had it trailered down. Before launching her we had the bottom painted, stuffing box packed and new throttle cables.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Captain Joe & First Mate Deb
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New owners of 27 FC

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the form, boat really looks to be in good shape, is it an 1986? What did you put on for bottom paint? It is time for us to have the cutlas bearing looked at and bottom painted on our 27 FC. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours.
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

You're gonna love that boat! I too came from large sailboats and a 44' trawler and wanted something smaller just to have fun with. My 27FC has been more fun in the last 4 years than I got in 15 years of living aboard and cruising on the larger vessels. It's good therapy for getting older too! Ben
yakka
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ketchikan Alaska

Post by yakka »

Hey, that looks just like my new purchase . Good Job .
My boat has suffered here in SE Alaska from sitting at the dock with no shore power inlet.
I have taken care of that and now have some heat in the forward cabin, Engine compartment and aft cabin..
Have fun . The photos are great bythe way.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Welcome to A27 ownership and AOG. Love the cabin roof seating; would you like to share where you got them? Just what we need for 2018.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Debralea
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Debralea »

Mark Deeser wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:54 am Welcome to the form, boat really looks to be in good shape, is it an 1986? What did you put on for bottom paint? It is time for us to have the cutlas bearing looked at and bottom painted on our 27 FC. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours.
It's a 1985. And we used Trinidad bottom paint. Sorry it took so long to answer, we've been enjoying the boat.😁
Debralea
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Debralea »

DCatSea wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:15 pm Welcome to A27 ownership and AOG. Love the cabin roof seating; would you like to share where you got them? Just what we need for 2018.
We've had those chairs for a very long time. They're ratcheting chairs. Very versatile. I believe West Marine carries them.

Return to “New Member Introductions”