• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
chumlord
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Trailer

Post by chumlord »

Hello All,
New Member as of this morning.

Wife and I are narrowing down on our search for a new vessel. Not in the market just yet, but probably in 2018. We are scaling down from a larger sailboat to a smaller power boat. Have had power and sailboats for most of my life and just enjoy being out on the water. Just finishing up a restoration on a 1965 Navy Motor Whaleboat.

We are looking in the direction of the Albin 31 as we like the enclosed pilothouse and the extra room. Something about a German Shepherd that has to be along with us! Also want to be able to spend a week or so at a time out on the water or traveling up to Southeast Alaska. I really like the 28 but there may not be enough room. I have yet to be inside of either boat but will do so soon. That will probably answer my question.

I hope to be able to pick your brains on the vessels as I get closer.
Thanks for having this site.
Ron
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: New Member

Post by WillieC »

Welcome aboard, chumlord! Good luck in your search.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome aboard, should be enough room on a 31 to spend an enjoyable week or so. Sure would be cool to see some pictures of your completed project. Hope you find the right boat for you.
chumlord
Swabby
Swabby

Post by chumlord »

Hi Mark,

This is my third Whaleboat. It was in pretty bad shape when I picked her up. The entire top was broken and the core was rotten. I have been working on it in my spare time for about 2 years. It needs a few more things done like the canvas doors to the top. I just rebuilt the original bronze running lights but still need to wire them up. She is pretty much ready to splash, just waiting for spring! The last picture is when I put the top on for the first time but it gives you an idea of what the boat looks like.

Ron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
yakka
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ketchikan Alaska

Post by yakka »

Welcome Chumlord ,
We are new to the group and just got back from vacation and saw your post.
We are just up the road in Ketchikan and I recently acquired an Albin FC 27, which belonged to a dear old friend and used for many years cruising the inside passage with his wife and a couple of visitors every year.
So if your ever in the neighborhood we would love to see you. Good luck in your search..
chumlord
Swabby
Swabby

Post by chumlord »

Hi Yakka,
We get up to southeast once or twice a year. We will be in Petersburg in June. Looking forward to getting a new vessel so we we can visit some of our old and new friends via the water.

Return to “New Member Introductions”