• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Shopping for 28TE

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
willp
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: will be NC

Shopping for 28TE

Post by willp »

I am new to group and recently started shopping for a 28 TE. Will be using in and around Southport, NC. My question/concern is, on a hot humid day, how unpleasant does pilot house become while underway?
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Re: Shopping for 28TE

Post by Norseman »

willp wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:13 am I am new to group and recently started shopping for a 28 TE. Will be using in and around Southport, NC. My question/concern is, on a hot humid day, how unpleasant does pilot house become while underway?
Can’t speak for NC, but in Florida the pilot house does not get unpleasant at all. Great ventilation: Front windshield opens up almost
90 degrees and both side windows slides forward, or aft.
Not an issue.
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Russell
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Stuart, FL

Post by Russell »

I have owned a 28 TE in Norfolk, VA and now in Florida. I had the same concerns when I was looking to purchase but have found that the shade of the pilot house is one of the best features of these boats. Whether trolling or drifting I stay out of the sun as much as possible and down here the sun is brutal. Much cooler in the pilot house.
Russ
2005 Flush Deck
Honey Girl
Volvo D6-310
Stuart FL
drbob
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Cape Harbour, Cape Coral, FL

Post by drbob »

I agree. We also have two fans located next to the port/starboard wiper motors that work wonders on an exceptionally hot day.

At anchor, we can crank up the generator and turn on the AC to cool down.

Or just open everything up, turn on the fans (have two in the cabin). With screens on all the portlights, full screen for the main hatch and a screen for the overhead hatch, life is good. . . unless it's sweltering, then on comes the AC.
willp
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: will be NC

Post by willp »

Thanks to all
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Windows open, fan on the dash, you'll be enjoying the time on the water you'll never notice the heat.

Return to “New Member Introductions”