• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member looking for Albin 25

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Oldsalt
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Astor Florida

New member looking for Albin 25

Post by Oldsalt »

I am new to this group and am excited to find individuals who share my philosophy of happiness on a slow boat. My past has been filled with sailboats but now with multiple joint replacements and 75 years of abuse I am ready for a power boat.
The only boat I can find that fits my requirements and my budget is an Albin 25. I am no longer able to tackle a project boat so am looking for a boat that is ready to cruise and to please the first mate one that looks good.
Anyone knowing of such a boat please share this information with me.
I enjoy reading the great information shared on this forum

Thanks Oldsalt
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Re: New member looking for Albin 25

Post by jcollins »

Welcome to AOG. Keep an eye on the for sale forum. They do come...and go.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Welcome, Oldsalt. You've come to the right place, we'll talk your ear off. Florida is somewhat removed from Hood Canal, but we will certainly keep our eyes out for you.
Cheers!
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome old salt, my Albin is docked at Astor bridge marine, we must be neigbors. There is a 27 FC in the marine for sale.. Hope you find your boat.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

There is a A25 still for sale in Margate, FL down near Fort Lauderdale, including a nice trailer. Does need some TLC & equipment upgrades. Look it up on CL. Takes patience to find 'The One', so don't give up. These are all 40+ year old boats, so there's always some stuff that needs attention. Good hunting & welcome aboard!
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Oldsalt
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Astor Florida

Post by Oldsalt »

DesertAlbin736 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:49 pm There is a A25 still for sale in Margate, FL down near Fort Lauderdale, including a nice trailer. Does need some TLC & equipment upgrades. Look it up on CL. Takes patience to find 'The One', so don't give up. These are all 40+ year old boats, so there's always some stuff that needs attention. Good hunting & welcome aboard!
Thanks for the information. Will continue looking until the right one comes along

Return to “New Member Introductions”