• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Sold 31TE bought 35TE Convertible

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
windward
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lunenburg Nova Scotia

Sold 31TE bought 35TE Convertible

Post by windward »

I'm located in Mahone Bay near Lunenburg Nova Scotia. My 2002 31TE was sold and shipped to Greenland. My wife and I are now proud owners of a 2005 35TE Convertible formerly Jean Marie, Staten Island and now Windward, Lunenburg NS.
Halcyon
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Sold 31TE bought 35TE Convertible

Post by Halcyon »

Nice to have another 35 TE owner on board. How is yours configured?

Trav
windward
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by windward »

Windward configuration: 2005 35TE

Fly-bridge is a front console setup with front and side seating. Stairs are center and to the port side of the sliding cabin door.
The interior is a galley up floor-plan with a bunk room on the port side.
Single engine Yanmar 440Hp and Northern Lights generator.

I was lead to understand that this is a rare configuration.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Nice. How did she get from NY to NS ?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
windward
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by windward »

Left Staten Island, turned up the Hudson and took a right turn up the East River. Bucked about a 6 knot current till it opened into long island sound. This was late October 2017. Perfect weather for a run up through the Cape Cod canal, again against the current. To this point we maintained 16 kts @ 3100 rpm burning 14/15 goals per hour. We left at noon on a Friday. By mid afternoon on Saturday we were out of the Cape Cod canal. We slowed to 7.5 knots and went overnight direct to Portland ME. Fueled and let off a passenger, had breakfast and late morning headed out for Yarmouth NS. Again we did hull speed overnight in a nasty chop, arriving Mon morning for Customs and paperwork. Took on a bit of fuel as hull speed only burned about 2 gals/hr and headed around to Lunenburg at 16 Knts. We arrived home 10pm Mon.
Last winter we had a long list of fixes, modifications and additions that were done inside the shrink wrap in Mahone Bay. This season we put on about 130 hrs around the Mahone Bay/Lunenburg area and next season plan some more extensive trips.
The hope is to come back south one fall and take the ICN to Florida.
The family LOVES the boat and it has certainly proved t ok be very seaworthy.
I believe I am the third owner. The original name was Fog Cutter from Maine perhaps.
Thanks for your interest.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Post by RobS »

Great stuff, impressive, thanks. Wow, running through the night in New England's lobster pot infested waters and choppy conditions, that does not sound like too much fun? Maybe you were pressed for time to get from A to B ?
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.

Return to “New Member Introductions”