• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New to the site

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
TheCaptain891
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Plymouth MA

New to the site

Post by TheCaptain891 »

Hello All,

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and say hello. I keep my current boat -a 1994 Luhrs 290 Tournament - moored in Plymouth Harbor yes the same one the Pilgrims found so appealing.

I am searching for a 31 TE if anyone knows of one that's available or might be available, a heads up via a private message would be appreciated. I'm just coming back from a ride to Yarmouth ME. To look at a 28 TE ( very nice boat if anyone is interested) but I think I'm going to hold out a little longer to see if the right 31 shows up.

If anyone is cruising to or through Plymouth this summer feel free to reach out for any 411 on the harbor and local attractions and restaurants

TheCaptain891
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: New to the site

Post by WillieC »

Welcome aboard, Captain891. Good luck on your search for the 31TE. What an interesting area you live in, all that history in your backyard. A few years ago we were in Virginia for a family wedding and spent several days in DC and toured a few Civil War sites. To walk in those placid woods that were not always so bucolic, gives one pause.

You'll find plenty of helpful advice here at AOG. Welcome.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Re: New to the site

Post by Pitou »

TheCaptain891 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:01 pm Hello All,

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself and say hello. I keep my current boat -a 1994 Luhrs 290 Tournament - moored in Plymouth Harbor yes the same one the Pilgrims found so appealing.

I am searching for a 31 TE if anyone knows of one that's available or might be available, a heads up via a private message would be appreciated. I'm just coming back from a ride to Yarmouth ME. To look at a 28 TE ( very nice boat if anyone is interested) but I think I'm going to hold out a little longer to see if the right 31 shows up.

If anyone is cruising to or through Plymouth this summer feel free to reach out for any 411 on the harbor and local attractions and restaurants

TheCaptain891
Welcome aboard Captain. In this size class, you'll find the Albins much better appointed than the Luhrs and still pretty fishy. Be patient in searching for a 31 and remember that there were only about 130 - 31 TE's produced. Be patient.

We've been thinking of Plymouth for a weekend boating getaway from Gloucester and just might do it this coming summer and will certainly take you up on your offer for local intel .. thanks in advance!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “New Member Introductions”