• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Compton Owners OK in this group?

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
TMW
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Connecticut

Compton Owners OK in this group?

Post by TMW »

Hello, A couple years ago we bought a step sister to the TE28, a 2006 Compton 33. From what I can find, around 2004, Terry Compton designed the Compton 33 based on his successful Albin design of the TE28 but only fewer than 20 were built

With so few of these boats built, we feel a kinship to Albin and I often turn to this site when looking for maintenance and enhancement ideas so i figured I would stop lurking and introduce myself and my wife. We are Linda and Joe from Fairfield, CT and our boat is Too Much Weekend. I know what you're thinking, there is no such thing. We hear it all the time when calling for a dock assignment. My response is always you didn't try hard enough. Go back and try again.

We cruise somewhere almost every weekend. If you see Too Much Weekend on Long Island Sound, Newport, Block or wherever please stop by and say hello.

Regards,
Joe
Panhdjoe
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Osprey Marina, Myrtle Beach SC

Re: Compton Owners OK in this group?

Post by Panhdjoe »

Welcome to the group, we would enjoy seeing some pictures of your boat.
1983 36 classic
1995 192 Grady White w/ 150 Yamaha
2003 Boss 8'6" Dingy w/6 hp Suzuki
Tom Cunningham
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: San Diego-Mulege

Post by Tom Cunningham »

I've also just joined the Compton family coming from a 28TE. It's a really small family so I'd be especially eager to hear your thoughts and discoveries. Best, Tom.
TMW
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Connecticut

Post by TMW »

Good Morning. i've attached a couple pictures of the boat from last season arriving at our summer marina. I also included a before and after of the helm modifications that I did over this winter and just completed on Friday. The other big winter project is cutlass bearings and propeller tuning while the props are off. If it ever stops snowing I can wrap that up and start waxing. We woke up to 5 inches of snow on the ground and it's still coming down.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

Beautiful!
Howard
whwells
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Anacortes Marina, Anacortes, Wa

Post by whwells »

I would think J. Collins would welcome you to the group. In my mind you are close to the TE series to fit in well. Not my decision to make but you have my vote.
Howard
tadel001
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Stevensville, MD

Post by tadel001 »

I also transitioned from a Albin 31 to a Compton 33. We loved our Albin 31. Great boat and solid. However, we need a little more living space and speed. We are taking our Compton from Maryland to Nantucket this summer.

Return to “New Member Introductions”