• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

"TEASER'...27 FAMILY CRUISER

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
bondboy
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Orwell VT

"TEASER'...27 FAMILY CRUISER

Post by bondboy »

HI: Bondboy ...new owner of Albin 27 FC...leaving Erie Pa w/in a couple weeks heading thru the Eric C down the Hudson and out to New London CT.......looking for bimini if anyone knows a
supplier
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: "TEASER'...27 FAMILY CRUISER

Post by Mark Deeser »

Hi and welcome to the form. Me thinks you have picked a great little boat, we love ours. Sounds like a nice trip you have planed we hope to head in that direction in the spring but we have made that same plan two years running and let life get in the way. I think if I was in the market for a Bimini I would take a few measurements then google it and let price and quality be my guide not sure if they make a plug and play top for our boats. I could be wrong about that, I often am. Need to decide if you going under or over the hard top for your front attachment point, can make a difference if you plan on screens or side curtains for the cockpit at some point. Have the bestus time and enjoy that boat.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Welcome to the forum. Nice trip you've got planned there.

Like Mark, we've been talking about a trip north for a while, but life does get in the way, even when you've hung up your spurs. Still, we are having a great time, and enjoying pootling around the mid-Chesapeake Bay with bait lines and trolling lures out, books, tea and cookies in hand, and a good lookout all round for go-fasts on weekends, and Chinese bulk carriers during the week..

Regarding biminis - ours came with a full enclosure, which frankly we only put up once to see how it fit (OK-ish), but I have made modifications to the wheelhouse shades, extending the canvas to cover the wood trim to provide a lot of sun protection and reduce the scraping/sanding/varnishing. The front opening is very useful. I also had a full width zipper installed on the top of the wheelhouse, which allows us to have the bimini furled back, or forward for great rod space if needed. The zip also allows furling back to make getting on board a lot easier. I'll post more pix., but here are a couple to go on with. Note - the bimini actually furls into a boot when we want to get fancy, but sail ties suffice for normal ops.
IMG_4962.JPG
IMG_4963.JPG
Stern pano.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
rebuckley
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Westerly, RI (WYC)

Post by rebuckley »

Needle Loft in Clinton, CT and there is another place in Old Saybrook or Old Lyme but I do not recall the name
Reb Buckley
36' 1983 Classic (Au Naturel)
15' Guardian Whaler
Westerly, RI (WYC)
bondboy
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Orwell VT

Post by bondboy »

Just finished 450 mile trip from Erie PA to Orwell Vt...Nissan engine was flawless (78 hp)...

Return to “New Member Introductions”