• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Sea trial and haul out coming this weekend

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Govino
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Napa Valley, CA

Sea trial and haul out coming this weekend

Post by Govino »

Hello Group,
We just found the AOG after research began into a 36 Express Trawler for sale. This is only the second sea trial we've done while looking for the right boat and could be our first haul out. Any suggestions on issues to look for with a 1999? No exterior teak; very clean and dry looking everywhere I have poked my head into; lots of bottom growth; good service records; fairly recent zincs & maintenance done. Just looks like it needs a couple to spend time with her. Engine survey TBD after haul out. My bride is trying very hard not to fall for it yet.

It's been very helpful browsing through these forums and I'll post our details if all goes through. Thanks for letting me have access to your knowledge
Fingers crossed,
Govino
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: Sea trial and haul out coming this weekend

Post by marko »

Welcome Govino!
How was the sea trial? I guess it's the 36ET pending sale on Yacht World which looks nice. I have a 2001 which also has the Cummins engines which I've found great and they have about 400 more hours than what you're showing. We really like the "back porch" on ours. FYI: only 33 of these were made, look for the registry in AOG. Marko
Govino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Govino »

The sea trial, haul out, mechanical survey and subsequent inspections made us very confident this is a beautiful boat. Sure, there’s things to fix but I look forward to knowing every inch! And yep, that was the one you saw listed. BTW: How many have 3 helm stations? We signed papers today & should have the keys in a few day. Moving her to Napa Valley Marina on the Napa River to be closest to home but the SF Bay is the neighborhood we’ll be in for the immediate future.
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Post by marko »

My guess is that very few have that third helm station. Post a question in the 36 Express...and maybe some one knows. It's a good place for more specific info.
Govino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Govino »

We had a wonderful trip last weekend getting Stargazer to her new marina. Today was another adventure and more practice, plus fixing a few minor things and adding our gear. If I could only find the anchor light switch!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port Ludlow, WA

Post by joreyn »

I have the third helm station on Blue Moon. Mainly use it when backing into or out of a slip, but also for pricking up crab pots.

The anchor light is labeled "Navigation Lights" and is on the panel above the salon helm. Switch it the right for the anchor light and to the left for all of the navigation lights. Center is off.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
Govino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Govino »

OMG, thanks. I can’t wait to try it out. We even had an electronics expert come aboard to lend a hand & had no luck. I’ll have to drive down tomorrow to check. We hauled it out again for frozen seacock repairs and some bottom work, so no anchor light needed now but we’ll give it a try.

So far , you’ve got the only other 3rd helm we’ve heard of but we are newbies. Next puzzle to solve is why the Raymarine depth finder won’t power up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Last edited by Govino on Sun Mar 10, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

The Raymarine sounder modules that were installed in 99 - 07 were normally the DSM 300 unit. They are all defective. They were mostly replaced with DSM 600 units which have their own issues.
If you have the 600, try to reboot it by disconnecting the power and reconnecting it. It takes a few minutes to boot up.
If you have the 300, you'll have to replace it with a new one. Make sure that it is compatible with the transducer. And your network.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler
Govino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Govino »

Still having fun fixing and learning things on our boat. Apparently, the electronics aren't the same boat to boat: the anchor light is still not functioning & the navigation light switch is the opposite of the suggestions we received. Got a couple other mysteries but after 45 days, I have a good feeling about this boat. And a bonus: we got a covered slip!
joreyn
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by joreyn »

Possibly the anchor light bulb is out.
Blue Moon
1999 36 Express Trawler

Return to “New Member Introductions”