• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New member pursuing a 30FC

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Swabby
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Cape Coral Florida

New member pursuing a 30FC

Post by Swabby »

Hello all! Lifelong boater just moved ashore 2 years ago after living aboard full time on a Carver 440. Currently have a Bayliner 2859 Ciera Classic, recently discovered the Albin 30FC and im convinced its the right boat for me.......the gasser is going up for sale soon. Have fished on a chartered 28TE and like the build of these boats. Im sure I will have more questions later on but my only real concern I have right now [ and I know its going to be really subjective ] what is the preferred Diesel Engine for these boats from a longevity and reliability standpoint? looks like they were powered with a few different engines..........Thanks in advance
johnmurray
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New member pursuing a 30FC

Post by johnmurray »

I purchased an Albin30FC new in 2005 (hull#15) and still have it. I have the Yanmar 315 HP diesel engine, and I think it is the preferred engine, but those with a different engine may think differently. In any case it planes easily at about 15 MPH and top speed is about 28 MPH. My engine has about 900 hours and has been trouble free. I have never had to add oil between annual oil changes. It is very fuel efficient at low speeds, but the burn rate per mile is about three times at top speed (which I hardly ever use).
While Albin was still going they were not forthcoming when I asked how many 30FCs they produced, but I think the total was around 40 so there are not many on the market. I am aware of only one other engine type used and I think it was 250HP.
Please feel free to PM me if you have more questions.
John Murray...Albin 30FC..."katie G"...Ottawa Canada

Return to “New Member Introductions”