• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Joining the family - Too

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
larryrotta
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: suttons bay, MI

Joining the family - Too

Post by larryrotta »

Vowed to never become a two boat owner but when this 28' TE popped on the scene I could not resist and earlier this morning my offer to purchase was accepted so time to join this forum to begin tuning in to all the collected wisdom of this group. She is a '95 model well turned out and cared for with a Flag Blue hull. My only reservation is the Peninsular engine with 2300 hours. She exhibits no sign of a troubled past but engine reputation is a bit sketchy from what I have heard. If need be I am prepared to repower with a Cummins but hope not to.
So I'm Larry and married to Susan. We are retired educators and live on Suttons Bay just north of Traverse city in northwest Michigan and look forward to meeting some of you in our near future.
Best,
Larry
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: Joining the family - Too

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to you both, many 28 owners on site, the Peninsular engine should appear often if you do a search in the forum. We re-powered our 27 FC with a Cummins and our very happy with it, enjoy.
CaptRonV
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Chicago Il

Post by CaptRonV »

Welcome aboard Larry and Susan. If you ever make it to Chicago, look for a 28TE flag blue hull in Monroe Harbor named Absolutely on a can near the Columbia Yacht Club.You will most likely find me, Capt. Ronv on board. This is my first season with her and so far, all is well.
Can't comment on the Peninsular beast. I have a 315 Yanmar.
See you on the water.
Capt Ronv
Captain Ron Voisard
Chicago.Il.
Absolutely
2002 28TE
jcollins
In Memorium
Home Port: Baltimore

Post by jcollins »

Welcome Larry. That is a strong engine. No worries.
John
Former - 28 TE Convertible"Afterglow"

Return to “New Member Introductions”