• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New to Albins.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
aog1985
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: salem,mayanmar

New to Albins.

Post by aog1985 »

Hello,

This is Rand and Linda Peck writing from Amherst, NH. We currently own a 2008, Eastern 27, I/O that we moor in Salem Harbor in Salem, MA and use extensively along the North Shore. I'm planning to sell the Eastern as soon as I haul her out for the season, probably mid to late September. (2018) The Eastern has been wonderful but we're looking for a little larger boat with more aft deck space, probably a 28' TE Flush Deck. I've seen several this summer in Salem Sound, Gloucester, and Rockport, like the look of the boat and think that it would better accommodate my family. I look forward to any guidance or information offered.

Thanks,
Rand
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
RobS
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Center Moriches, NY

Re: New to Albins.

Post by RobS »

Nice Eastern, diesel ?
I would look at a 31TE before getting to set on the 28. The 28 might not be enough of an upgrade from your current boat.... just my $0.02
Rob S.
"TENACIOUS"
1974 Chris Craft 36' Commander Tournament
Cummins 6BTA 330B's

(Former Owner)
"TOY-RIFIC" 2000 28TE, 6LP, Hull 408

Luck is the residue of good design.
aog1985
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: salem,mayanmar

Post by aog1985 »

Hello Rob,
No, gas, she has the 350 Mercruiser engine that I'm very happy with. Thanks for your thoughts; as I've been researching and finding 28's I've found a couple of 31's that I'm contemplating as well.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Welcome to AOG. The Eastern hulls have always caught my eye and were in the mix as I was transitioning from my 28TE ultimately to my 31TE back in 2013. You have a good looking boat.

The Albin 28 will give you a little more room and certainly more comforts than the 28 Eastern.

If the budget allows, the 31TE will provide a significant upgrade in deck space, onboard comforts and usability. If you would like to check one out, I'd be happy to offer you the opportunity to put your feet on mine which is docked in Gloucester. Let me know and it can be arranged. All the best in your search.
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13

Return to “New Member Introductions”