• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New owner

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Keviom
Mate
Mate
Home Port: Isle of man

New owner

Post by Keviom »

Big hello from the Isle of Man,had boats and worked on them on and off for last 35yrs but decided this year to buy something myself and my wife can have weekends away in,an albin 25 popped up for sale 5mins from our house and we fell in love with her on first sight,the only work to do is cosmetic painting etc,power comes from a nanni 28hp that's in perfect working condition,all electrics work so a nice easy project for me this winter to get her looking pretty..looking forward to our first trip which is going to be either strangford loch Ireland or whitehaven Cumbria,see how the mood takes us lol
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: New owner

Post by WillieC »

Welcome , Keviom! So good to hear from your side of the pond! Best of luck getting to know your new boat. Can't wait to see pics and hear of your adventures!
Keviom
Mate
Mate

Post by Keviom »

Thanks williec,from what I can gather only 2-300 came to the uk and the rest to the us so not so easy to find over here though I wasn't looking for one I'm so glad it found me
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

Welcome Keviom, Lots of 25 owners on this forum and most of them have rebuilt their vessels from the waterline up, so lots of expertise if you have any questions. Ben
Keviom
Mate
Mate

Post by Keviom »

Thanks tego,I am sure I will be calling on the expertise on this forum many times in the near future...I must be one of the few that doesn't need re-building..thank god lol..I'm glad as would like to keep her as original as possible
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Post by Tree »

Keviom wrote: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:58 pm Thanks tego,I am sure I will be calling on the expertise on this forum many times in the near future...I must be one of the few that doesn't need re-building..thank god lol..I'm glad as would like to keep her as original as possible
We’ve also got a few UK members with 25’s. Quite a few major refits to boot. Afraid I can’t help much. I’ve the younger 28 sister.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Jack
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex CT

Post by Jack »

Welcome and best of luck with your new boat!
Keviom
Mate
Mate

Post by Keviom »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys,the last but one owner was a marine engineer so everything was done properly mechanicaly and electrically,it is a full paint job inside and out and then just run of the mill stuff like new upholstery,new water filters and the like,the engine has been fully serviced but I will have it done again so I know it's been done with new impeller,anodes etc
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard!! The Albin 25 is truly an international cult classic. I'm curious as to how common A25's are in the UK. On this side of the Atlantic the greatest concentration seems to be in the Pacific Northwest generally and British Columbia specifically with a few here and there scattered around various parts of the U.S. and the eastern provinces of Canada. Other than the Vega sailboats, the 25 seems to be one of the few, if only Albin boats actually built in Sweden. The build quality seems to hold up well with few instances of osmotic blistering on the bottoms or deck delamination topside, especially since the newest boats we see are at least 40 years old.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Keviom
Mate
Mate

Post by Keviom »

Thanks for the welcome desertalbin736,I believe there was only 2-300 made it to the uk but god knows how many are here now,this is the first and probably only one I have seen here in the iom though we are a small island,might be another hiding away somewhere.
The build quality is what I was drawn to,she's getting lifted out a week on Monday so will be able to inspect properly but from what I have seen there shouldn't be any issues...hopefully lol

Return to “New Member Introductions”