• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello and thank you!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
BarbWithey
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ruskin, FL

Hello and thank you!

Post by BarbWithey »

Thank you for accepting me into your group. My partner, Bill Young, and I have been boaters for many years—everything from sail to power and large to small. We live on the water on the south shore of Tampa Bay, FL. We currently have a pontoon boat and a couple of smaller boats. We just sold a 35’ houseboat and are looking for something to replace it. Our first choice would be a 27’ Albin in reasonably good condition. If anyone knows of one in our area—or anywhere in Florida—we’d love to hear from you. Meanwhile, I’m hoping to learn from those of you who have experience with this particular boat. I can be reached at 813-634-6987. Barbara Withey Williams
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: Hello and thank you!

Post by DCatSea »

Welcome to the forum. We've been running a 1984 27FC in the Chesapeake Bay since 2015, probably moving up the mid-Potomac in the Spring. I can honestly say we have enjoyed the heck out just pootling along at around 7 kts, mainly "day trips" and fishing runs, and participating in the forum, which is a mine of useful information and nice people.

If you'd like to get a fairly non-technical idea of the 27, please PM me.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Hi Barb an Bill, welcome to the form. My wife and I bought a 1986 27 FC pretty close to were you are now about three years ago it was mostly a project boat. They are great little boats, easy to operate and fuel efficient. We have redone pretty much everything, repowered, rewired, increased water capicity to 65 gallons and so many other changes it would take a short storie to tell it all. We live on the Saint John’s River in Astor Florida, if you and Bill would like like to dig through a 27 we would welcome you aboard. We are finishing her up for an extended multi year cruise. Happy hunting
stmbtwle
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Ruskin, FL

Post by stmbtwle »

Hi I'm Barb's partner Bill Young... though my username is "Stmbtwle" (Steamboat Willie). It's an old joke. I've been in boating as long as I can remember though this is my first Albin.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome to AOG!

I'd also suggest giving some thought to adding Albin 25 to your list of possibles. There's a 1975 one listed for sale on CL in Brooksville, an hour north of Tampa. Volvo engine, likely the OEM 36 HP MD17C. A little plain & in need of some TLC but basically fairly straight hull & deck, but for $5,900 with galvanized Venture trailer is priced low enough to be worth taking on as a TLC project. Needs canvas, electronics, maybe a new driver seat & whatnot, pehaps ground tackle, etc. The ad says, "made in Denmark", but they were actually built in Sweden, so the seller obviously doesn't know that much about them. A27's were built in US. Cruises 6 to 7 knots burning about 0.5 to 0.75 GPH. The table shown in the forward cabin can be dropped down to fill in the space between the settees to convert to a large V berth for sleeping, and the aft cabin has two single quarter berths that can be used for guests or storage. Throw another $5K or $6K into it, assuming the engine is good, and you'd have a good little boat. But, it's very trailerable (photos show it sitting on the trailer in an RV storage yard). For example could be easily trailered with a 1/2 ton pickup or SUV 6 or 7 hours' drive down to Key West & run out to Fort Jefferson & Dry Tortugas, or even a 3 hour drive over to launch from West Palm & run out to Grand Bahama or Bimini. 20 gallon fuel tank gives it minimum range of 140 NM at 7 knots & 0.75 GPH to max of 180 NM at 6 knots & 0.5 GPH with 5 gallons left in reserve.
Brooskville A25.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”