• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Member Questions

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
saltyboats
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Morehead City, NC

New Member Questions

Post by saltyboats »

The 20 amp male receptical on the port side of the boat behind the co-pilot seat had an outdoor power cord plugged into it from the boat yard while the boat was sitting on the hard. I seem to think this may be connected to the batter charger, but the charger was not on when I inspected the boat.

Hello Albin owners. I am a new member and very new to the Albin line of boats. I am in the process of purchasing and moving a 28TE from Portsmouth, VA to Morehead City, NC. During the survey process, we discovered that the Yanmar 315 throttle lever has a slight issue when trying to get more RPM at idle. The throttle lever does not want to pull out to accelerate the engine in idle position. Any recommendations and or suggestions?

Where can I get replacement screens for the port windows in the cabin?
Any recommendations regarding lubricating the sliding windows in the pilot house?

I know this boat company is no longer in business, is there a go to place for original spare parts other than Defender , West Marine, or other generic suppliers?

Thank you Albin owners for any help.
Last edited by saltyboats on Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: New Member Questions

Post by Nancy »

Welcome aboard, Salty, and congratulations on your new baby. What year is she?

>>Where can I get replacement screens for the port windows in the cabin?<<
Do you need the entire frame or just replacement screen material? They are most likely Beckson ports - https://www.beckson.com/component.html. The screen material is fused to the frame. I replaced one very successfully using a flat tip soldering iron. If it turns out that you need new components, google the part number to find the best deal.

<<Any recommendations regarding lubricating the sliding windows in the pilot house?<<
Try McLube Sailkote - it's a dry lubricant, so it stays clean. Pricey, but you'll have a lifetime supply, and your dock neighbors will be happy when you share.

As for replacement parts, they are scattered all over the place. Use the search function in this forum to get a good start on almost everything.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

Mine had a similar issue and the adjustment was on top of the engine by moving the cable and retightening in place.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
amber jj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Turkey Point ont. canada

Post by amber jj »

Screens are probably Beckson SCR-714
The screens have there own rubber moulding around the outside. Just open the port window window and pull the old screen out and when you do you will see how your new one will go back in. I replaced 3 in our 31TE this summer. You will be able to measure the old screens when they come out to order the correct size. Good luck Bob
saltyboats
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by saltyboats »

Thank you all for a fast response. "Island Girl" is a 28 TE model year 2001 powered with a 315 Yanmar.
saltyboats
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by saltyboats »

Being a new Albin Owner, I will have some questions regarding the components on the boat. Unfortunately, I purchased this 2001 28 TE from an owner who has lightly used her and was no help on how to identify various electrical systems on the boat.

There is a 20 amp male receptical connection with an all weather plug on the port side cockpit behind the co-pilot seat. What does this do? I also see there are 12 volt switches at the helm for activating bait wells and aerators. The boat has no pumps or fish box /bait well equipment. Is this a generic switch panel?
catalina_mike
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Dana Point

Post by catalina_mike »

OK first welcome to the group and this is a great place to seek information.

The cigarette lighter was something my vessel also had. It is powered from the 12 vdc switch panel port side up top next to the 115 vac panel.

The panels are generic but you should have a bait well in the transom starboard side. (I think that was standard).

I have attached the type of helm 12vdc panel my 28 came with.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Silverton 2007 36C
Sold - Albin 1999 28TE
SSI Instructor 13937
SDI / TDI Instructor 18172
USCG 100 Ton near coastal
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Post by carolmarie »

I too believe the panel was generic. (My panel is configured exactly like the drawing Mike referenced.) My 2001 did not come with a saltwater wash down, blower or bait well but I believe the wiring is in place to add these devices.
I’m confused as to what a 20 amp male receptacle is or what it might be used for; my boat has nothing on the port side except the chart light.
Don.

Return to “New Member Introductions”