• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Express Trawler 36 Questions "Twin Yanmars"

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
ltgoshen
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Port Royal South Carolina

Express Trawler 36 Questions "Twin Yanmars"

Post by ltgoshen »

Hi, New to the site. Trying to find anybody here that might own or have owned a Albin 36 Express with twin Yanmars 315's
I am looking at buying one and need a little help with this boat. Its quit a large undertaking. We have owned a 30 ft C&C sailboat for some 10 years and are moving to the dark side. I have a tone of questions on this Albin. Like:
1) Hull design ? Planning, simi-planning Keel? Prop protection?
2) Fuel burn rate? WOT? 7/8 throttle, Cruise speed? Slow trawling bad for the engines? Range on 270 Gal's of fuel.
3) Size of gen-set OEM?
It would be fantastic if there were some blog's out there with twin engine owners that I could go and read this stuff So if you know of anybody that I might be able to learn from i would be for ever grateful,
Thanks for the welcome to the Albin owners group.
see ya on the water.
marko
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: New Bern, NC

Re: Express Trawler 36 Questions "Twin Yanmars"

Post by marko »

Hello from Wilmington, NC. I have a 36ET with twin Cummins. FYI: with twins, there is little prop protection, but the single engine has a deeper keel which protects it better. However the draft is around 5ft vs about 3ft-6in+/- with twins. Fuel burn rates vary of course, but I don't have specific data as I have no way to accurately measure. My three fuel tanks total 380 gals, so I can chug a long time. Feel free to PM me with questions if you want. 36 ET's are good sound semi-planning boats. Also, only 33 were made. Marko

Return to “New Member Introductions”