• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looking for Albin 28 Newport Edition

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
ronannapolis
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Annapolis

Looking for Albin 28 Newport Edition

Post by ronannapolis »

Hi,
First off thank you for letting a non owner join this great group. Also this website is wonderful, packed with info, and thanks to the people that make it click.

My wife and I are located in Annapolis and will use the boat for cruising on the Chesapeake. Maybe a little further if we get adventuresome.

I like the way the 28 looks and it’s seaworthiness. I sail on the Bay and know that quite a bit of the time you are dealing with 2 foot rollers.

We like the Newport Edition with wrap around settee. There are currently two of these for sale in California. Missed out on the one that just sold in Virginia Beach. We actually saw the boat in Virginia Beach looked nice and it was loaded with options. The asking price was quite a bit less expensive than the California boats.

If anyone knows of an owner thinking about selling their 28 Newport Edition I would be very interested in speaking to them. ronannapols@gmail.com
Thanks and I look forward to boating with this group.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Looking for Albin 28 Newport Edition

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

First off thank you for letting a non owner join this great group.
Hey, no problem! Welcome aboard, the more the merrier!

Sorry I can't help with any leads on a 28 Newport Edition, but the Chesapeake is one of the country's best cruising grounds, so you're in a great place. Two foot rollers, eh? Yeah, been there done that once back in 2002, crossing solo from the watermans' ramp/marina in Tyler Cove on Upper Hooper Island's Fishing Creek to Solomons on the Patuxent in a Montgomery 15 sailboat the day after a big June thunderstorm. Sure, it looked calm in the cove, but once out on the Bay, whoa daddy! Skinny water out there on the Eastern Shore. Heading out toward the creek in the background of this photo, bumped bottom with a boat that drew 2 feet with keel/centerboard up.
2002 Monty cruise.jpg
Made a return visit with our Albin 25 in 2015, coming down the Nanticoke River from Blades, DE, seen here docked at Spring Cove marina in Solomons.
0624150936 (3).jpg
Happy hunting!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”