• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Looking for 1973 Nimbus

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Seajayy
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Olympia

Looking for 1973 Nimbus

Post by Seajayy »

D5E63E0E-CA5E-4B8D-9F57-B79118737D66.jpeg
Does anyone know where there is one and how much there asking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: Looking for 1973 Nimbus

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Nimbus 26 is a fairly close comp to an Albin 25, so I'd guess with a rebuilt Yanmar & full restoration & trailer, +/- $20K would be an average price point. Not sure if the rarity of the Nimbus brand adds or subtracts to or from resale vaulue.

Here's a bunch of Albin 25 boats on the BC Albineer club site, with prices, all of which have sold.

http://www.albinbc.com/for-sale

We met & saw one of those boats on that list named "Mairi" while anchored in Roscoe Bay, Desolation Sound, BC last summer. Bear in mind, $15K CAD = about $11.5K US. Except for having the original Volvo MD3B engine, this one was highly upgraded and included a "new custom trailer". However it does not mention the model year. That would certainly be on the low end price point. Three guys were aboard that boat.
DSCN4432 (1280x960).jpg
DSCN4433 (1280x960).jpg

The Nimbus reminds me of a 1985 Bonum 25 that we spotted at a marina on Orcas Island back in 2014. The Bonum was a later iteration of the Albin 25 hull with wheelhouse & windshield glass similar to the Nimbus. I didn't get a chance to look at the interior of that boat, and the owner wasn't there to ask about it. I later found out this had a seized/blown engine and the owner was trying to save up for a new engine or rebuild job. Probably a Volvo engine of one sort or another.
DSCN1515.JPG
DSCN1516.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Seajayy
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Olympia

Post by Seajayy »

I have 26 Nimbly s for sale.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

So you were looking for one last year, found one & now have it up for sale? What happened? Nimbus turned into a NIMBY?
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
nebulatech
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Charleston, SC

Post by nebulatech »

Seajayy are you trying to get comparable prices so you know what to price your boat at? If so, DesertAlbin has given you a good answer, and I don't think you'll find a member better able to answer that question.

All I can add is you can trust asking prices on Yachtworld, Facebook Marketplace and Boat Trader. There are many websites with boat listings that are just web scraper sites. They aggregate boat listings, many several years old. Prices are irrelevant as the market changes. These websites exist purely to generate ad revenue for the owner. The boat listings are just to get their websites found by Google and generate traffic to make their ad space worth more.
Carolina Wren
1979 Albin 25 Deluxe

Return to “New Member Introductions”