• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

My new 28TE

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
LISal
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Merrick, NY

My new 28TE

Post by LISal »

Hello all,
I have recently purchased a 1998 28 TE formally Serenity.. This vessel came about after 8 months or so of searching the eastern seaboard. I wanted a pilot house with some creature comforts. My list was very short and only looked at albins. I loved that I kept hearing seaworthy and solid to describe this vessel. I knew this was the one as soon as I stepped aboard. I finally found a boat that was loved and gave him a deposit within an hour of getting there. I was not even nervous for survey "maybe a little" even though I had walked away from purchases before after the survey and after spending time and money traveling, hauling for hull inspection, oil analysis and everything else incorporated with finding a boat. I felt at this point I had learned enough to determine she was solid and all the records and posts on here confirmed it. I was knocking around and didn't hear anything in spots that i had seen as delam prior.. Then the day of the survey he misdiagnosed some delam. 20 feet of delam to be exact about 10 feet on each side in the same place moisture meter didn't move and i could not hear it.. I have heard it before so wasn't to worried and he wasn't sure yet so it just had me on edge for a bit, was happy he figured out it was the stringers. I am sad how this opportunity has came about. If anyone knows the prior owner, he and his wife are class acts. Some of you may have benefited from Capt. Max. He is the one that negotiated the 20 percent discount on power cords for all AOG members.
I want to thank you all for your help already.. Its nice to be able to bounce ideas of people that have been there already. I have never owned a diesel or inboard kheeled boat, we have some learning to do. I have found so much info, most questions are answered through prior posts but knowing I have a community here to help is very nice. I will try and make the rendezvous this year to meet the group. I know the nautical princess " girlfriend" will like that. her name has a great story behind it that we will enjoying sharing with the group one day..
I am a fisherman who has purchased this vessel to do over nighters on my tuna grounds. I leave from western long island Merrick and will be on the ocean as much as possible. I am doing an auto pilot over next week or so quotes so far one quote for about 1,300 for install unit looks to be 2k. waiting on quotes for whole job electronics included. I also plan to remove and possibly re-install swim platform.. i want to go over all transom mounts. I need bait tank so will be tossing ideas around...
Thank you guys again for all your posts they have helped tremendously already. This community helped reassure me this was the boat for me and my family!!!
Tree
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Portsmouth, UK

Re: My new 28TE

Post by Tree »

All I can say is, you lucky lucky guy. You’ve bought a gem of a boat.
Fisher Price 2
Hull Number AUL28489L900
Yanmar 6LP-STE
Built in Portsmouth RI, USA - Berthed in Portsmouth Hampshire, United Kingdom.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Llsal, sounds like you an Albins are a great fit. Most owners seem to come to appreciate the boats more over their years of ownership. I’m glad you found a boat to fit your needs, enjoy.
Pitou
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Gloucester, MA

Post by Pitou »

Congratulations for jumping on Max's offering and welcome aboard!
kevinS
>><<>>;>

Former Boats:

- 2006 31TE / Hull# 221
Cummins QSC 8.3 / 500 hp
December '13 - April '23

- 2002 / 28TE / Hull# 614
Cummins 6BTA 370 hp / Alaskan Bulkhead
April '04 ~ May '13
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Hi Sal - seems like Max's boats has landed in good hands. Glad to have you aboard.

Max, if you're reading along here, my thoughts and best wishes for stable health are with you and your wife.
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
LISal
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Merrick, NY

Post by LISal »

Thank you for the welcome and look forward to sharing my experiences and knowledge with the community.

Return to “New Member Introductions”