• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New owner of "Bay Lady", 27 FC

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Jon Fuller
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Groton Long Point, CT

New owner of "Bay Lady", 27 FC

Post by Jon Fuller »

Hello, I bought my 27 FC named "Bay Lady" in Mamaroneck, NY on Labor Day weekend 2018 and immediately made an overnight maiden voyage to Groton Long Point, CT. Nothing like jumping in and trusting a boat with your life and that of your crew with little knowledge about the boat and no electronics or depth sounder. Uneventful trip and trust well placed. First saw a 27 FC when I was about 18 years old and loved it then and 40 years later bought my own. Fantastic boat. So happy with it. Boat needs deck stiffening, scuppers replaced, varnish, and cosmetics, but it is solid and seaworthy. Need to find a replacement stove to fill the hole where the old one came out of. This year, Bay Lady will be cruising around Fishers Island Sound, out to B.I. and Shelter Island. Greatly appreciate how little fuel it uses at 2,800 rpm. Thank you, Jon
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: New owner of "Bay Lady", 27 FC

Post by DCatSea »

Jon - Welcome to the 27FC world. Hope you get as much enjoyment out of her as we have with "Mazboot". Regarding your note about a missing stove. The original was an Origo 5000 alcohol stove, which we still have, but I am sure there is something a bit more convenient and quicker to boil water for tea, etc. (We tend to rely on "Subway" and soup when out beyond the breakwater, that and local hostelries for hot food.)

Remember, happiness is a boat that lets you buy new tools.

Love to see some pictures of Bay Lady
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New owner of "Bay Lady", 27 FC

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Jon, the 27 FC is a great little boat it’s kind of like a blank canvas that you can paint to be pretty much anything you want it to be. What engine do you have in yours? We re powered ours with a Cummins 65 hp and are very happy with it. Hope you find enjoyment with your boat.

Return to “New Member Introductions”