• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hi

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Jmk2000
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Beaufort, NC

Hi

Post by Jmk2000 »

Hi all my names Josh and I’m new to the forum. I don’t own a Albin but have been interested in them so I joined to learn more about them. I really like the 27-30 footers. I am intrigued by the aft cabin models too.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: Hi

Post by WillieC »

Welcome, Jmk2000.

Take your time searching the forum, just go where your nose leads you. There is a ton of info here and plenty of contributors willing to share their knowledge earned by their experience. Once you get an idea for a specific model of Albin you are really looking for, then you can narrow your focus. Good luck in your search!
Jmk2000
First Mate
First Mate
Home Port: Beaufort, NC

Post by Jmk2000 »

Thanks WillieC! The more and more I browse the more the A27 with the Aft Cabin (FC model I believe) catches my eye the most. My wife and I are hoping to do the great loop at some point after i retire from the military and I think it would be a fun project for us to work on together.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Welcome to the forum. Currently walking out if the Admiral McBride pub on the barbican in Plymouth UK. Probally has too much to drink but what the heck. Just 200 yards from where the pilgrims left from.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the form, the 27 FC is truly a great little boat if life in the slow lane suits you. We are leaving in ours about the 16th of this month to do the East Coast of Florida to the Keys then the Dry Tortuga's. The boats reliability and great fuel economy help make this possible. Decide what you want your boat to do then picking the right boat is much easier. Happy hunting.
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

Too cool!

"200 yards from where the pilgrims left from."

Lots to ponder in spaces like that. We've stood at the door of no return on Goree Island in Senegal, West Africa, and wept. The boundless sea, so much of our history for good and ill. Safe travels.

Return to “New Member Introductions”