• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Owner, MV SEA HAWK A-27 FC

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Fred Webster
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

New Owner, MV SEA HAWK A-27 FC

Post by Fred Webster »

I have recently acquired a 1985 Albin 27 FC from a long-time friend who has given up boating. He was the second owner of the boat (since 1991), and has kept it in the St. John River system of New Brunswick, Canada for the past 26 years.

Leaving many years of sailing, I was inclined to re-christen her, "The Dark Side", but someone else who switching from sail to power in our club had already used the name.

SEA HAWK will be operating in the lower St. John River system, with an occasional foray into the Bay of Fundy. She is my first diesel - and first power - boat, and we are very excited to have her, and hope to restore and maintain her to a high level. Sitting amongst sailboats and modern cruisers, she is a bit of an odd duck, but has had admiring comments and glances from many folk on the dock.

I'm looking forward to reading the forums, especially the ones concerning repairs and modifications.

Fred Webster,
Saint John, NB Canada
Member: Royal Kennebecassis Yacht Club (www.rkyc.ca)
Sprig1
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Long Cove Marina, Chester River Maryland

Re: New Owner, MV SEA HAWK A-27 FC

Post by Sprig1 »

Welcome to the club! There's a lot of knowledge here. I to came from the dark side. I don't think I would go back. What serial number do you have. We have an 85 to. Happy motoring. Now you get to go everywhere at 7 knots not just one way.
tego
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Tellico Marina- Little Tennessee River near Vonore, TN

Post by tego »

Fred, Welcome! You're going to love this boat. I daresay most of us 27FC owners were sailors most of our lives and it's especially great for those of us who sailed up north for our 6 month season. I sailed Lake Michigan for 12 years before I went cruising. That dodger didn't help much when it was in the 30's and 40's in the spring and fall. I remember those trawler types going by, snug down below at their inside helm. Now that I'm a couple of years from 80' I guess I'm a wuss too. Anyway, mine is an '87 with the Nissan and I can't imagine a different boat that I'd like better than this one. I'll be coming thru St. John about the end of July to spend a week in Nova Scotia again this year We went last year to the Stan Rogers Festival and loved it, so we're coming back. Ben
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Fred - its good to welcome another 27FC owner to the forum. We have had so much pleasure from ours, just working on her, and tooling around the mid-Chesapeake Bay with trolling lines out (purely to scare the fish) and enjoying the occasional sundowner at the dock. Hope you get as much out of "Sea Hawk" as we have out of "Mazboot". We hope to be pre-sunrise early birds tomorrow, chugging around Tilghman/Knapps Narrows trying to scare more fish while enjoying the roar of the mighty Lehman (and coffee), before it gets too hot and the predicted storms come in (again) :(

Other posters are correct - there is a fund of info here on AOG, willingly given. Incidentally my toolkit has gained weight and I've learned a lot.

ENJOY!!
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the forum Fred, the 27s are really nice little boats. We are in the fourth month of our trip down the East Coast and out to the Dry Tortuga’s , the boat hasn’t missed a beat. Hope you enjoy yours as much as we have ours.

Return to “New Member Introductions”