• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New (to me) Albin owner getting ready for the Loop 2020

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
bwinship
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: San Francisco

New (to me) Albin owner getting ready for the Loop 2020

Post by bwinship »

We are now Albin 34' Family Cruiser owners!
Very excited to be in the "Albin family".
Bought our Albin from a wonderful couple who have provided a wealth of information about their boat and cruising in general.
Power boating is new to us, but we've been cruising on a sailboat for many years throughout Central and South America and look forward to cruising in our own country and the Bahamas.
We're open to any advice, suggestions and thoughts on our journey into powerboating.
Bruce & April
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New (to me) Albin owner getting ready for the Loop 2020

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Bruce an April. In my humble opinion the key to a happy life on a diesel powered boat is to have the fuel tank cleaned and the fuel polished. After that keep the fuel filters and the oil changed on a regular basis. Every few years change out the coolant and keep a good impeller in the pump. At this point you can enjoy your Sundowners and the next ten thousand hours of engine life. We love our little Albin, heading home now from the end of a four month trip and hope to start the planing for our Loop adventure.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Re: New (to me) Albin owner getting ready for the Loop 2020

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard! Many of the folks here, especially owners/buyers of the slower trawler type displacement hulls from the A25 pocket trawler up to the classic 43s are former sailboaters. I'm sure you have many tales to tell of your past cruising in Central & South America. If you're ever down in the Phoenix area, look up the Lake Pleasant Sailing Club (of which I'm still a member). I'm sure our members would be interested in hearing a presentation on your experiences at one of our monthly membership meetings in Tempe, AZ, 3rd Tuesday of each month. As sailors reach a certain age the lure & temptation of "The Dark Side" exerts an ever stronger and stronger pull. Good news is, trawler types are "life in the slow lane" that sailboaters are used to & don't guzzle fuel as much as the fast planing motoryachts (that we curse every time they blow by heedless of the effects of their speed and "wake" us).
DSCF3539.JPG
oh-lord.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”