• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New Owner From Sitka, Alaska

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
golsonAK
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Sitka, AK

New Owner From Sitka, Alaska

Post by golsonAK »

I just moved back to Sitka, Alaska after retiring. I have a 19' aluminum boat and was going to hold off going bigger this year. I went to an estate sale and bought some stuff then saw a posting for an Albin 25 Deluxe that was owned by an elderly fellow who passed on. The price was right and, could provide the means for some overnight trips and fishing trips the rest of the sumer and fall. I looked at the boat and decided to go for it.

The Argo II, a 1975 Albin 25 Deluxe, hull #2070, sits in the water in Sitka, Alaska. Today I went down and started with the cleaning project. Not too bad, but SE Alaska dampness is hard to keep up with so there is a bunch of cleaning to do. I need to replace the toilet and a foot pump on the cold water in the sink. A diesel fuel stove replaces the original. The outside of the boat needs attention. Also need to check to see if the hull needs cleaning and if it needs new zinc.

The engine, a 3 cylinder Isuzu starts right up.

Looking at a test run for fuel and a shake down cruise this weekend for a few hours. May wet the lines and see if I can pick up a coho salmon or two.

This users group appears to be a great resource for questions I will undoubtly have. Glad to be a new member.

Gregg
Gregg Olson
gregg.m.olson@gmail.com
Sitka, Alaska
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Re: New Owner From Sitka, Alaska

Post by WillieC »

Welcome, Gregg. We look forward to hearing your progress and seeing some pics. Especially hearing about boating in Alaska, in an A25, no less!
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New Owner From Sitka, Alaska

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Gregg, I’m with WillieC, Alaska is a whole new world to a lot of us. Here in Florida we see a lots of palm trees and coconuts floating in the water. Would be nice to hear about some adventures from your part of the world.

Return to “New Member Introductions”