• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Hello from a new member

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
GaryCrawford
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Deale, MD

Hello from a new member

Post by GaryCrawford »

Hello, my name is Gary Crawford. After a long purchase process (found a couple of items in the initial sea trial that the seller agreed to have corrected), my wife Lisa and I brought our new to us 1996 Albin 32 S CB home last weekend. We have crossed over from years of sailing and two sailboats. Love the Albin and have found these forums extremely helpful during the shopping, negotiating. decision making periods. We live in Churchton, MD and are keeping her in Tracy's Creek in Deale. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment from the new boat and meeting fellow members.

Thanks,
Gary
Gary
'96 Albin 32 CB
Changing Latitudes
Carl
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Oxford, MD

Re: Hello from a new member

Post by Carl »

Welcome Gary! We keep out 28TE right up the creek in Rockhold creek. Will keep a close lookout for you in our travels. Please consider coming to the rendezvous in a couple weeks to meet all your Albin neighbors. Post some pics of your new girl!
28TE "Kozy L"
"How U Albin"
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Gary, sometimes the purchase of a boat can drag on seeming like there will be no end, but if successful the victory is truly satisfying. Sounds like you found a great boat and have a fine place to enjoy her. Hope you have many years of quality time aboard with your wife.
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Post by Nancy »

Welcome aboard, Gary! I suspect you bought the boat in Annapolis that my husband and I first saw in 2011. We've been dreaming about a 32CB ever since. My husband longingly refers to your boat as "the pink and teal" boat. :) I saw it come back on the market in late winter. You moved faster than we did. Congratulations!
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
GaryCrawford
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Deale, MD

Post by GaryCrawford »

Thanks for the welcome messages. Carl, we will keep an eye out for you. Nancy, yes, she was the boat in Annapolis. Once we narrowed the search down to the Albin 32 (and maybe a Mainship Pilot 34) we discovered that there are just not a lot out there for sail. The one we got was the only one in Maryland.
Gary
'96 Albin 32 CB
Changing Latitudes
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

Welcome to Rockhold Creek,Gary. Its a great location. We are berthed above the bridge at Hidden Harbor (for 2019). Your neighbor in "Dancer" told me to look out for you. Hope to see you around.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03

Return to “New Member Introductions”