• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Franwilson
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Stuart, Fla

Post by Franwilson »

Hello everyone!!
My name is Fran Wilson and my wife Nancy and I live in Stuart, Fl
I purchased my first boat, an 8’ Perfection, when I was 15 Yrs old after our family of 11 kids moved from Philadelphia to Fort Lauderdale in 1971!!!
(I am very grateful that my Father choose to make the life change that he did with so many in tow!!)
Many more boats followed the Perfection an currently we have a 28’-6” BlueWater CC with twin 250hp Etec and a 15’-6” Hobie Skiff with a 60hp Suzuki
I’m interested in purchasing a 35TE or a CB.
Being located in Stuart, we love going to the Bahamas and our goal would be to spend time cruising for weeks or month at a time !!
I’ve been spending my free time reading lots of posts on your site, it’s been extremely informative and I Thank all of you !!
All that being said, I haven’t set foot on any ALBIN !!!
There are plenty of Albin winter visitors in Stuart that I have seen over the years, possibly some of you!!
Any and all input would be most appreciated!!
On with my search!!
Fran Wilson
772-260-5133
Fran Wilson
Stuart, Fl
JDeere 2040, Kubota BX23, Ventrac, 28-6 BlueWater CC, 15-6 Hobie Skiff, C182
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New Member

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome Fran, the search for the right boat can sometimes be a long one. You are ahead of the game having a clear vision of what you want. My wife and I spent a year looking to move from our sail boat to power, after seeing an Albin our focus narrowed quickly. We looked at a few and ended up buying the one we first had looked at. Happy hunting, we live in truly live in a great place to play.
Franwilson
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Franwilson »

Thanks Mark!!
What model did you end up with?
We have a 35TE under contract, subject to surveys, subject to Hurricane Darian, which is throwing a wind wrench into the mix.
Assuming all of this works out, we will move on to closing and deciding on method of transportation from the NE to Stuart, Fl
Fran Wilson
Stuart, Fl
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

We chose a 1986 27 FC. This type and size boat fit our needs well, my wife and I our in our early seventies and needed something easy to mange. We liked the aft cabin sleeping arrangement allowing the v berth to be a dedicated living space. We spent three years redoing our little boat to make it fit our specific needs. It’s been rewired, now has solar power with a grid tied inverter all ground fault circuits. Re-powered with factory new Cummins and liquid cooled transmission. All plumbing replaced from deck fills to tanks with total tankage of seventy gallons fresh water. We added a composting head to round out the interior.
We did a fair amount of fiber glass work to stiffing up the hull, glassed the cabin top down, and beefed up the flooring especially around the engine compartment hatches.. Many upgrades to fit and finish as well as electronics. We just came home from a four month trip to the Dry Tortuga’s, it was really great. I hope you enjoy your boat as much as we do ours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Franwilson
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Franwilson »

The Dry Tortuga's are on my list as well as another trip to the Cay Sal Banks!!
Great to hear about your 4 month adventure, it sounds outstanding!!
Perfect for a write up in AOG!!
Thanks Mark,
Fran
Fran Wilson
Stuart, Fl

Return to “New Member Introductions”