• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Dpag28
Swabby
Swabby
Home Port: Barnegat NJ

Post by Dpag28 »

New member hoping to be new owner.
Looking at a 01 Albin 28te with yanmar in NJ.
ANYONE have info on this boat on Craigslist?
Any concerns with this model, year, or engine I should be aware of?
Nancy's Promise
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Keyport NJ

Re: New Member

Post by Nancy's Promise »

I have a 2004 flush deck with a Yanmar. I love it. Get a survey on the boat and have the engine checked by a mechanic. If you need a Yanmar mechanic. I have one in the Weartown NJ area.
carolmarie
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Essex, New York

Post by carolmarie »

Have owned our 2001 with 300HP Yanmar for 16 years. Except for exhaust valve “recall” (easily remedied, if applicable), boat/engine is an excellent choice provided you get a good survey outcome. We have approximately 1000 hours on the meter and NEVER had an unplanned outage.
Don.
Dpag28
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Dpag28 »

Thanks for the reply’s appreciate it. I just found out that boat here in NJ was sold. Still looking if you know of a good one please let me know. Thx again
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard! Small world!!! Very few people have even heard of the town of Barnegat, NJ (formal name "Barnegat Township"), but as a matter of fact I happen to be a Barnegat native myself from birth to age 15, lived on Lower Shore Road, which if you know Barnegat then you exactly where I'm talking about, the street that loops from E. Bay Ave around to intersect Route 9 south of town. My family moved to upstate NY in 1967, and of course I've been out west in AZ since 1977 after finishing high school in upstate NY & serving a hitch in the Navy. I still have a half brother who lives in Manahawkin and a step aunt that lives in the same house on Lower Shore that I grew up in. My maternal grandparents, my late birth father and late stepmother are all buried in the cemetery across from the Catholic church on W. Bay Ave. In fact my wife & I visited just two years ago during an extended RV road trip in 2017. Nancy slightly misspelled Waretown, the next little burg on Rt 9 north of Barnegat. If you're an older generation native we probably know some of the same people.

Keep looking for that TE, they're probably the most numerous type of Albins out there.
IMG_1369.JPG
Barnegat dock.jpg
Barnegat dock2.jpg
Barnegat Inlet.jpg
IMG_0916.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Norseman
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Palm Coast, Florida

Post by Norseman »

. Looking at a 01 Albin 28te with yanmar in NJ.
ANYONE have info on this boat on criagslist?
Any concerns with this model, year, or engine I should be aware of?
Same make, model and year as my tub. :shock:

Cannot stress enough: Maintenance records....
If the owner looked after the boat with an open check book, it should be good.
Survey also important of course.

Surveyed and sea trialed 2 Albin 28TEs before I finally bought my boat,
Glad I waited, found the right one.

See thread on this forum called “Albin 28TE Maintenance, repairs and upgrades”, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10612 It documents some of the stuff I did AFTER I bought the boat. I injected about $20k into the boat, but no regrets, almost perfect now and I keep doing stuff all the time: Never ending, but good fun.. :D
2001 28TE, 6LP-STE, 1,337 hrs, 19X18 four-blade wheel.
Dpag28
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Dpag28 »

Thx desert albin, we actually just bought a shore house there off Montclair so don’t know much about the area. We are limited in height by the Bay Street bridge less then 11’. So an express is the only option but that is fine, getting to old to climb ladders etc. End of season so I have time but I’ve always liked the look/concept of the TE 28 or 31. Anyone know of a really great on for sale please let me know and thanks to all for the reply’s, very friendly group.

Return to “New Member Introductions”