• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Greetings from new member!

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Bakara
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Belgrade, Serbia

Greetings from new member!

Post by Bakara »

Hello everyone, I am an Albin 25 owner for the third year. However, this Albin didn't come to me in original state, inboard engine was taken out along with the drive shaft, propeller and rudder blade. Instead of that, very solid platform was added to the stern and outboard bracket was made with intention to use outboard motor as main drive.

I bought it like that, and powered it with Yamaha 20hp outboard, which is running quite nice, but over these three years I'm getting near to put back an inboard motor and back up everything similar to the original state. Albin 25 wasn't built for outboard and I feel like I'm treating this boat with disrespect by doing so... :D

Soon, I will have one very economic and light 10hp inboard engine, and my plan is to put it in. My Albin is used on Danube river, and with this 20hp outboard I never go over the half throttle.

Cheers!
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: Greatings from new member!

Post by DCatSea »

Hi Bakara
Welcome to AOG. Your project sounds very interesting and I’m sure that photos of the work would very welcome.
We are former Rivers Thames, Loire and Mayenne cruisers, and I’m very envious of your Danube cruising grounds. Again, would love to see pics.

Doug
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Bakara
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Belgrade, Serbia

Re: Greetings from new member!

Post by Bakara »

Thanks Doug, I am happy to be a part of this forum and Albin community. If I start with this project, I will present it here for sure. Your advices will be very helpful, since I'll be doing that for the first time.

Here are a few pics from my Albin in one of the Danube's bayous:

Return to “New Member Introductions”