• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
Maarten
Deckhand
Deckhand
Home Port: Harderwijk, the Netherlands

Post by Maarten »

IMG-20191101-WA0001.jpg
Hi,

After selling my sailing boat, I went looking for a double-ender from Norway. In the end I came home with an Albin 25. Really fell in love with it!
I am living in Holland, nearby the Ijsselmeer, a big lake. The boat is now docked for the winter, next spring I will sail her home. Can't wait!

Maarten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: New Member

Post by DCatSea »

Welcome to the AOG forum Maarten. It's always nice to hear from someone in another country; there are quite a lot of Albineers from Europe on this list.
Congratulations on your new-to-you Albin 25. I'm sure you know these great little boats have a real "following" on this website. We'll look forward to seeing more pictures, and to hearing about your adventures in the meers and canals in the Netherlands.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Post by Mark Deeser »

One good looking boat, welcome to the form.
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Ditto all the above! Many of us here previously owned sailboats, myself included. Was that Norwegian double-ender you were looking for happen to be a Saga? Yours looks much like ours, with stern rail across the back & "Albin 25" name badge instead of "Albin 25 DeLuxe" meaning it's probably an early pre-1973 model like our 1971. Outside of Sweden I'd guess there's probably more Albin 25's in Holland than anywhere else in Europe. There aren't too many in North America but does have a cult following, the majority of owners being in Canada and fewer in the USA.

There's an Albin club in British Columbia, Canada called "Albineers of BC". Their website is here.

http://www.albinbc.com/

Click on the 2019 pictures tab. We were at the Ladysmith Maritime Society/July 12//14 meet, which if you click on the pictures opens up albums of more photos. Our boat is in the row of photo below "Transition" & has a gray and orange inflatable kayak slung across the foredeck.

We look forward to hearing about your adventures.
Last edited by DesertAlbin736 on Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
Maarten
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Maarten »

The boat is from 1973, nr 1481. The double-enders i've seen are Sagas, a Joda and a Nidelv. Nice lines, but all leaking like hell with old engines, 35 years or more. Could be fine, but the Albin has a Sole with 700 hours with a complete maintainance book. Feels good to me, being not a great technician.
Maarten
Deckhand
Deckhand

Post by Maarten »

@DesertAlbin736 nice sunscreen on the steering cabin window. Is it orginal? Nice boat also!
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

@DesertAlbin736 nice sunscreen on the steering cabin window. Is it orginal? Nice boat also!
Thanks! Those came with the boat when we bought it five years ago, made by previous owners out of Sunbrella canvas. We need them out here in the Arizona desert where it can get as hot as 47* C in June & July, which is why we like to get away for the summer to places like British Columbia. Whatever the temperature is outside it's 6 or 7* C hotter inside the cabin. Even the past few days have been almost up to 29* C.
DSCN3533.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond

Return to “New Member Introductions”