• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

Thanks.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
PeterYOW
Mate
Mate
Home Port: FLL

Thanks.

Post by PeterYOW »

Morning all. Thanks for the include. Prospective owner, here. We WILL be purchasing a replacement vessel for our 1979 Cheoy Lee 46' LRC, when she sells and from my research, thus far, an Albin 32 Sport fisher ticks all the boxes.

Alas, my days of long cruises are over. We are snowbirds from Ontario, Canada and will be spending our winters in Fort Lauderdale but we still anticipate occasional runs over to the near Bahamas, day trips and fishing.

We've been boating (power) upwards of 30+ years but I suspect I will still ask dopey questions. Apologies.

Glad to be aboard. Thanks again. PeterYOW
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Re: Thanks.

Post by DCatSea »

Many of us ask dopey questions - for me its genetic :-) and I invariably get non-dopey answers from fellow Albineers, which helps a lot.
Welcome aboard this great group.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
DesertAlbin736
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Peoria, AZ USA

Post by DesertAlbin736 »

Welcome aboard! No such thing as dopey questions here. We are sort of "sunbirds", full time Arizona residents who like to spend part of the summer in Canada, most recently Gulf Islands of BC, but hope to do the so-called "Triangle Loop" next summer, that is Rideau Canal to Ottawa, Ottawa River to St. Lawrence to Montreal & Sorel & Richelieu to Lake Champlain, etc.
La Dolce Vita
1971 Albin 25 #736
Yanmar 3GM30F
Gig Harbor Boatworks Nisqually 8 dinghy
Residence: Peoria, AZ
Homeport: Lake Pleasant, AZ & beyond
PeterYOW
Mate
Mate
Home Port: FLL

Post by PeterYOW »

Hey Dolce. Our back yard is ON the Rideau Canal. Beautiful cruising area. You'll have to pass through about 49 lock chambers (Kingston to Ottawa). Sounds daunting but after the first two or three lockages you'll be old pros. It CAN be done in 3 or 4 days BUT I would suggest you plan on at least 2 weeks. LOTS to see and do along this World Heritage Site. If I can help in any way, don't hesitate to ask.

Return to “New Member Introductions”