• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New 27 FC Owner in Onset, Buzzards Bay.

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
sailonset
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Onset, MA

New 27 FC Owner in Onset, Buzzards Bay.

Post by sailonset »

Like a lot of others, we're former cruising sailors. But the dark side called. Found an Albin 27 FC in South Portland, ME that fit the bill. So many things to learn and figure out! So many difference amongst the production versions, not to mention the mods made since then. This one has a Yanmar 100hp repower, a bow thruster and a full canvas enclosure. I think one of the other new members here had looked at her after I'd made an offer. We're looking forward to seeing our cruising grounds in a new way.
IDKV4274.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Mark Deeser
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Port of Call Yatch Club

Re: New 27 FC Owner in Onset, Buzzards Bay.

Post by Mark Deeser »

Welcome to the form, that’s a good looking boat. We also have a 27 FC and are very happy with it. Hope yours brings you many years of joy.
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

We look forward to hearing of your 27FC adventures. Nice looking boat but more pix would be nice, please.

I believe all 27FC owners look similar - see below:
Underway - Rockhold Creek MD.jpg
Mazboot is coming out of the water on Saturday, for the winter layup and as always some needed "winter work" including a major re-wire and probably a move to new quarters in 2020.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
sailonset
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Onset, MA

Post by sailonset »

Do the owners look more alike than their respective boats? :D
This (and the other pic) the day I looked at Moby Dick. (Perhaps not a good name for Buzzards Bay and New Bedford.)
DCatSea
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Alexandria VA

Post by DCatSea »

That's a very fine looking A27 - be prepared for compliments in foreign ports; non-Albin owners love these boats; we get loads of positive comments.
The stub mast is a great addition, and a very good location for a higher vhf antenna. Mine is fitted with a break-off wooden "bolt" in case I strike low-flying aircraft or bridges at very high tides (trust me). We don't have radar, but a top-mounted whip antenna to our secondary vhf might be a good addition to extend its range and effectiveness.
Look forward to reading more of your adventures.
Doug and Georgia
"Mazboot" - 1984 27 FC #142
Lehman 4D61
Tribe 9.5 yak
Jackson STAXX-11 yak
Alexandria City Marina - F-03
WillieC
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Hood Canal, WA

Post by WillieC »

"Mine is fitted with a break-off wooden "bolt" in case I strike low-flying aircraft or bridges at very high tides (trust me)."

Too funny. The railroad bridge at the north end of the Swinomish Channel in our neck of the woods, Salish Sea, is normally open to water traffic, closing for rail traffic, unless undergoing maintenance. Like two or three years ago, there were even LNMs addressing that bridge's closures. Well how much trouble could that be for an A25?! We found out, all right.

All was looking good, plenty of room...except for the vhf whip. SCHWANNG!! Fortunately it was mounted with the breakaway toothed mount and it sat right down on the deck pretty as you please. You'd have thought we scraped the whole BC Hardtop off. Only a nick in the fiberglass pole about six inches from the end and we were clear of the bridge before my heart restarted.

Now where were we? Ah yes. That is a fine looking A27! Welcome aboard, sailonset.
motthediesel
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Thousand Islands NY

Post by motthediesel »

Yeah, we were “A day late, and a dollar short” looking at your boat — congratulations!

Seems like it all worked out well for both of us though — that’s a fine craft you’ve got there!

Tom

Return to “New Member Introductions”