• Welcome to https://albinowners.net, the new home of Albin Owners Group!
• You will need to log in here, and you may want to bookmark this site. If you don't remember your password, use the I forgot my password link to reset it.
• All content has been transferred from our previous site. Digests will be enabled soon.
Contact Us if you have any questions or notice a problem. If you're not receiving our email, include a phone number where we can text you.

New "caretaker" of a 2000 35TE

New members introduce themselves to the group here.
loganmj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham, WA

New "caretaker" of a 2000 35TE

Post by loganmj »

Greetings!
My wife and I purchased a 2000 35TE (formerly Hang 'em High) back in May. It is a galley up, no flybridge model. Since then it has been a whirlwind of selling our previous boat (1990 Sea Sport Pilot 2700), getting up to speed with the new boat, etc. We don't fish, but have two growing kids (11 and 15 yo) so we were feeling like we had outgrown our previous boat after 7 years of fun. After I checked out the boat with a friend, I thought it was perfect. My wife agreed to spend most of a day driving to check it out under one condition: if she liked it, we make an offer. I reluctantly agreed to our 'deal' and the rest is history!

It is our second real boat, and so far no regrets. Sure, there is a long list of things I want or need to do but I expected that since the boat is 20 years old and was kept in a boathouse for the last 13 years. One of the things I had my eye on at the beginning of summer was servicing the sea water side at the end of the season. The fact that one engine started running a little warm at cruise reinforced that! The boat is almost back together and am hoping to sea trial it this weekend. Next up on the list is bottom paint and possibly messing with the props. Oh, and the leaky windows are on my radar as well...

In addition to the brief introduction, I just wanted to say thanks to the administrators and members that have contributed in the past. This list was a valuable resource in getting up to speed with all things Albin prior to the purchase and continues to be a valuable resource. I am learning a lot both from the list and all the hands on time I am getting with the boat (both in operation and maintenance/repair mode).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. To view images, please register for a free account.
Mike and Shannon
Tonic
2000 Albin 35TE (galley up, no FB)
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370's
Nancy
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Lake Champlain

Re: New "caretaker" of a 2000 35TE

Post by Nancy »

Welcome aboard, Mike and Shannon, and congratulations on your new boat. Which windows are leaking?
Nancy
2005 Albin 35CB
Yanmar 6LYA-STP 370
Valentine

Former boats
1995 Albin 28TE, Cummins 6BTA5.9 250, 2012-2022
1978 Trojan F32, 1998-2012
1983 Grady White 241 Weekender, 1988-1997
1980 Wellcraft 192 Classic, 1983-1987
loganmj
Gold Member
Gold Member
Home Port: Bellingham, WA

Re: New "caretaker" of a 2000 35TE

Post by loganmj »

Thanks Nancy. For sure the outermost lower corners of the port and starboard front windows. Actually I am not sure that is where the leak is but that is where I see evidence on the inside of there being a leak. Once we are out of the rainy season here, I will look into resealing them.
Mike and Shannon
Tonic
2000 Albin 35TE (galley up, no FB)
Twin Cummins 6BTA 370's

Return to “New Member Introductions”